Trying to Play MechWarrior 2..

Post up issues you are encountering with MechWarrior 2 here, this includes Netmech.
Forum rules
Search before asking!
No Swearing!
kchri
I.S. Baby

Trying to Play MechWarrior 2..

Post by kchri »

Hello. I searched for the answer to this topic here in the forums and have been trying to get MW2 running so that I can play it for what seems like months now. First I bought the ATI 3D Rage Edition because I was told that that would work and I installed it and played it through MechVM - however, I cannot launch missions. So apparently that one doesn't work fully on Windows 7. Then I reordered the DOS version of it but they had the Playstation version sent out (played that one on my ePSXe emulator) - didn't cut it. Anyways, now I bought a boxed version of MW2: 31st Century Combat - it's the DOS IBM Version 1.1! Previous to this I reinstalled new video drivers for some reason in an attempt to get the ATI3DRE version working. Doing this only made that version of the game make the program not respond before the intro of the game even starts. Now I can't play it in any form... After butting my head against a wall trying to figure out DosBox, trying to get the DOS version of the game to run with that, finally producing an actual .ISO (not BIN, CUE, CCD, GI or IMG) from the game disc of MW2V1.1 and mounting the disc image, I run into another dead end: How do I run the game from there??? I'm thinking of doing a clean sweep of my installs and starting over. Please respond with help and thanks!!
kchri
I.S. Baby

Re: Trying to Play MechWarrior 2..

Post by kchri »

OK, I tried following that command up with "install.exe". Now I'm installing the game - I believe. What are the recommended configurations on a higher end computer? Let's hope that I can figure it out. Thanks in advance!
kchri
I.S. Baby

Post by kchri »

Installation completed. downloaded and installed the "FIXED_PATCH11" setup to the default directory since I have no idea where the DOS installation put the game. Now I still have no idea how to run the actual game through DOSBox. I hope that I don't have to run the game in compatibility mode. Please help and please don't lock this thread!
kchri
I.S. Baby

Post by kchri »

Yesss!!! Finally got it to work after installing the V1.1 Crack! Don't know how that works seeing as I already have Version 1.1 - whatever. The in-game graphics sort of blow chunks but at least it WORKS! Awesome!!
Skyfaller
Clan 1st MechWarrior
Clan 1st MechWarrior

Post by Skyfaller »

If you have an image with a .CUE file, you don't need the crack. MechVM could have helped with setting up the DOS version as well.