MechWarrior 2 DOS - Illegal Instruction

Post up issues you are encountering with MechWarrior 2 here, this includes Netmech.
Forum rules
Search before asking!
No Swearing!
lemon09
I.S. Baby

MechWarrior 2 DOS - Illegal Instruction

Post by lemon09 »

YAH ive followed ur sequence up until when I press F on the command prompt and then it says THE NTVDM CPU has encountered an illegal instruction. what should I do?
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Re: MechWarrior 2 DOS on XP/2000

Post by Sir MMPD Radick »

simply press ignore, probably or your out of luck.
James 3:5-10: My Reminder
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
lemon09
I.S. Baby

Post by lemon09 »

alright yah thats wat i did and the installation process worked fine. but when i tried to start it up it says, program aborted, this product does not presently support windows NT. should I use a patch?
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Post by Sir MMPD Radick »

That sounds to me your using the 95 disc as everytime you insert the disc it does that because it is not supported unless you set the compat mode.
I am goona move this thread to the support section.

You need to set the compatibility settings on the mech2.exe to 98.
Also you need to be launching through the bat file.

You cannot launch through the autorun sequence.

As for patch, yes I would highly recommend you use the 1.1 patch that I made, it makes things a whole lot easier.
James 3:5-10: My Reminder
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.