MW2:MERCS Single Player Instant Action Games

Post up anything you would like to talk about here.
Old Battloid
I.S. Baby

Post by Old Battloid »

Hailz Warriors!

Been meaning post this for awhile now...

Thanks to the great versitility of the MW2:Mercenaries game, (the designers have my admiration) and SIr Radick's post of all the MW2:M mechs availible you can use AND which House or Group, (Pirates, Com Star, Clans, etc.) uses what mechs, I have devised some challenging offline, single player games that follow realistic storylines... :shock:

Along with a document that "tells the story", there is a spreadsheet that randomly calculates the various Instant Action menu "inputs" for that particular game scenerio. :roll:

The spreadsheet printout is used to also record battle results, salvage, etc. :geek:

(If the staff permits it, I would like to post these various game scenerios for download from this topic section...)

First, just would like to see if there is any interest out there among MW2:M players to try one... :o

(Or share your own ideas for offline, single player games for MW2:M...) :idea:

Thanks,

-Old Battloid {+]
Diviner Sage and Battlemech Defender for The Brotherhood of Old.
Skyfaller
Clan 1st MechWarrior
Clan 1st MechWarrior

Re: MW2:MERCS Single Player Instant Action Games

Post by Skyfaller »

An alternative campaing? Sounds interesting.
Old Battloid
I.S. Baby

Post by Old Battloid »

Hailz Again,

It is interesting... 8-)

And depsite starting out with the MW3 series in '99, I really enjoy playing MW2: Mercenaries the most... (Single player games.) :mrgreen:

(Can anyone explain that?) :geek:

I really do like some of the random aspects of Instant Action battles/missions/contracts...

(What the computer chooses for the "objective," be it radar array, industrial plant, base, etc...)

With the help of a spreadsheet, info from rpg manuals and SIr R's posts, I've been able to devise a number of game scenerios for use in single player offline games...

My current favorite game scenerio is called: "Periphery" and has the player in the role of a local militia commander on his Periphery homeworld after returning as a milatary vet soldier/mech pilot from the Lyran Commonwealth...

His Periphery world often a target for pirates and raiders, this commander's unit only has a few old Star League era battle suits at first to use against any bandits that choose to pillage and plunder the territory... :o

(Though the government has been promising for six months to send his unit a few light battlemechs...)

He will find it's up to him and his unit to bettor their milatary hardware by disabling, crippling, capturing or at least salvaging, some of the bandit battlemechs they beat in battle!:twisted:

It's also likely the planet's government will take notice as he and his unit win those battles, capture bandit leaders and accumulate that military hardware... :roll:

(Especially when that hardware includes working dropships and assault class battlemechs...)

His unit will find themselves not only sent across the planet to drive off more bandits, but also to travel to two other worlds in the Periphery to do the same...

Then, when all the bandits have fled, been captured or are dead and it's time to get back to his homeworld, there will be some other invaders showing up... THE CLANS!!! :shock:

Will his unit have the mechs, weapons, equipment and pilots to not only survive, but to keep winning battles and force each of the three clans to surrendor? :?

Perhaps... :|

-Bat [+]
Diviner Sage and Battlemech Defender for The Brotherhood of Old.