Search function on these forums...

Post up anything you would like to talk about here.
Hadakajime
House Steiner Private
House Steiner Private

Search function on these forums...

Post by Hadakajime »

...sucks!
The following words in your search query were ignored because they are too common words: dfa.
You must specify at least one word to search for. Each word must consist of at least 3 characters and must not contain more than 14 characters excluding wildcards.
The following words in your search query were ignored because they are too common words: dos.
You must specify at least one word to search for. Each word must consist of at least 3 characters and must not contain more than 14 characters excluding wildcards.
The following words in your search query were ignored because they are too common words: netmech.
The following words in your search query were ignored because they are too common words: cd.
The following words in your search query were ignored because they are too common words: play without cd.
i can't search for anything i need :evil:
Pepsi-Wolf
House Steiner Hauptmann
House Steiner Hauptmann

Re: Search function on these forums...

Post by Pepsi-Wolf »

what do you need help looking for?
Pepsi-Wolf Ward
Ego homini Lupus

Hadakajime
House Steiner Private
House Steiner Private

Post by Hadakajime »

on my laptop it was lagging every 30 seconds. i think it was doing this coz it was buffering the music off the cd? I could hear the cd spin up and the read head going at it when this happened.

so i ejected the cd mid sim and the problem stopped.

was wondering whether i could play without the cd, or whether is should just try using isodisk
Skyfaller
Clan 1st MechWarrior
Clan 1st MechWarrior

Post by Skyfaller »

Weird problem. Please post which version you are using and how you installed it.
LordNova2
House Steiner Sergeant
House Steiner Sergeant

Post by LordNova2 »

I have not heard of this problem, however I use mounted ISO images of the game CDs in DosBox and it plays the music just fine.
You need the CD to at least load and launch the game. On a side note; when I was yonger back when these games were new I found out that when you launched the mission you could quickly swap out the CD for an actual music/audio CD and it would start playing the music tracks from that CD.
Isn't there an option that you can use to completly turn off the music in the game? Or is it only turning it down so far that you can no longer hear it?
If not try coppying an ISO image of the game disc and using it in DosBox. Another trick I learned with my PC is that the game (simulator) ran with best performance in windowed mode vs full-screen.
Also MW2:Mercs and MercNet are both sluggish, and have the same performance on my PC and laptop.
Hadakajime
House Steiner Private
House Steiner Private

Post by Hadakajime »

well i spent a couple days in hospital playing mw2 31cc

i think it may have actually been a hardware error, as it only happened twice, and in the end it crashed the computer saying "error drive C cannot be written to".

a couple reboots and chkdsk's later and it didn't manifest itself again. i guess if it happens, i may just have to reenter the game.

that's really interesting about the cd swapping! i wonder how some drum'n'bass would suit...

version 1.1 dos installed on native windows 98 se using original installer.