MechWarrior2 Logo

Post up anything you would like to talk about here.
LordNova2
House Steiner Sergeant
House Steiner Sergeant

MechWarrior2 Logo

Post by LordNova2 »

Dose anyone have a high-res image of the "MechWarrior® 2" logo i could have? It would be nice to actually find the font they used for it (if they did use a font).

I know the font used on the CD ROMs for the following text "Windows 95 CD-ROM", "DOS CD-ROM", "MS-DOS", "PENTIUM EDITION", "EXPANSION PACK", "GHOST BEAR'S LEGACY", "31st CENTURY COMBAT", "MERCENARIES", and ect is 'BankGothic Md BT' (http://www.fontyukle.com/en/BankGothic+Md+BT+Medium.ttf).
Col.Kell
House Steiner Archon
House Steiner Archon

Re: MechWarrior2 Logo

Post by Col.Kell »

.... Have no idea where you could get one. I do know that if you have a CD, you'll be able to find a medium-res logo on there.
MechWarrior 2: 31stCC
Skyfaller
Clan 1st MechWarrior
Clan 1st MechWarrior

Post by Skyfaller »

You can use MechVM's "View File" button to open DataBase.MW2, perhaps there you'll find what you seek.
LordNova2
House Steiner Sergeant
House Steiner Sergeant

Post by LordNova2 »

I would make a scan of the CDs or box if my scanner was working. Actually the CD art would be more than attiquit in a high-res scan, all I would need would be the 'stencil' of the lettering, one can alwayse go back and add the cloud/flame effects to the letters as they desire since the logo often changes from the Box-Art to what is on the CDs as well as differant variations of the CD (I have seen some MW2:31CC CDs without the flame effects in the letters).
Col.Kell
House Steiner Archon
House Steiner Archon

Post by Col.Kell »

That would work. Do you have a CD with the clouded-flame effects (like the ATi Rage edition)? There are some CD's that have the flame effect on them, and some that don't.
MechWarrior 2: 31stCC
LordNova2
House Steiner Sergeant
House Steiner Sergeant

Post by LordNova2 »

Yea I grabbed that one from my brother's house, through the years of miss-storage the data on it is FUBAR.
LordNova2
House Steiner Sergeant
House Steiner Sergeant

Post by LordNova2 »

Also, I managed to get my Scanner working, I am using a beta build of Windows7 x64 (Build 7100) and for my HP scanner/printer drivers I needed Build 7600 or higher. Got it working with a copy of Vista drivers. Yes if you have Win7 and your hardware MFG does not support Win7 yet try using a Vista driver, nine times out of ten they work.

FYI I ended up scanning the side of the MW2 Battle-Pack box at 1200DPI. Now the "stencil" image is almost ridiculously large in pixel-size, but that was to smooth out my crappy job at trying to trace the letters, and when you downsize it to a more applicable resolution it looks great.
Have fun with using it to make your MW2 images with.
Attachments
MW2_Stensil.png
MW2_Stensil.png (251.66 KiB) Viewed 9753 times
LordNova2
House Steiner Sergeant
House Steiner Sergeant

Post by LordNova2 »

For future referances the font used for "MechWarrior" and "NetMech" appears to be from the Partego family.