Getting 100% Hit Percentage

Post up anything you would like to talk about here.
Bryan
I.S. Baby

Getting 100% Hit Percentage

Post by Bryan »

This one alludes me constantly.

How is it possible to score 100% on hits? Even on super easy missions like Pyre Light the best I can manage is usually around 80%, even with making sure I hit every single time, at least from what I can tell.

The only reason I ask, is because at a fan-site they've got a list of the best honor-rankings, and apparently there's people good enough to hit all the time in every mission, and I can't get it even once.

Am I missing something obvious?
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Re: Getting 100% Hit Percentage

Post by Sir MMPD Radick »

generally it is impossible to get 100% hit because the sim does not register hits many times when they actually hit.
I would not worry about the honor listing half of the scores on that site are fake.
The highest possible total score is around 203147... give or take a few thousand since it gives a random amount of starting hp at the beginning of the game.
To get that high you need to get all objectives, and defeat every level where you can choose a mech in a firemoth.

Score is for wolf btw
James 3:5-10: My Reminder
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
Bryan
I.S. Baby

Post by Bryan »

That's good to know, I had a feeling it wasn't really possible given the number of times I'd be shooting an immobile building and the hit wouldn't register occasionally.

I had a feeling it was fake from the number of kills listed, but I figure I'm not an expert at the game, so maybe I was missing something. :mrgreen:

From what I can tell the starting honor points range is only from 1000-2000, having tested it a bunch of times while bored (lowest I got was 1011, highest 1999).
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

yes, you are pretty close I think to accurate on the random start range.
Tho I think I saw one as high as 2300 once tho I cannot be sure since it was a while back.
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
Col.Kell
House Steiner Archon
House Steiner Archon

Post by Col.Kell »

Isn't it possible to make just one hit? And then destroy every other mech using the enolagay cheat code? That way you'd technicly get 100%.
MechWarrior 2: 31stCC
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

possible, but cheap... who would want to do that?
Col.Kell
House Steiner Archon
House Steiner Archon

Post by Col.Kell »

Sir MMPD Radick wrote:possible, but cheap... who would want to do that?
Oh, my... you're right MMPD, what was I thinking using the "enolagay" cheat?

You should use the "gankem" cheat. You won't kill yourself :lol:
MechWarrior 2: 31stCC