MechWarrior, Shadowrun, Crimson Skies rights licensed by FAS

Post up anything you would like to talk about here.
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Re: MechWarrior, Shadowrun, Crimson Skies rights licensed by FAS

Post by Sir MMPD Radick »

That is true, but now pretty much the techs are back to what they were previously in the Battletech books.. the newer books are much less forestry mechs than they started with.
As for the name difference, as far as I know the Age of Destruction refers to the game, and Dark Age refers to the books.
James 3:5-10: My Reminder
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
Wetback
House Steiner Private
House Steiner Private

Post by Wetback »

This concept of a Dark Age was created by the Italian scholar Petrarch (Francesco Petrarca) in the 1330s and was originally intended as a sweeping criticism of the character of Late Latin literature. Later historians expanded the term to refer to the transitional period between Classical Roman Antiquity and the High Middle Ages, including not only the lack of Latin literature, but also a lack of contemporary written history, general demographic decline, limited building activity and material cultural achievements in general (for example, as shown in the impoverishment of technologies, such as pottery). Popular culture has further expanded on the term as a vehicle to depict the Middle Ages as a time of backwardness, extending its pejorative use and expanding its scope.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_Ages
MW2 Grand Council

Post by Repomancer »

Unfortunately, it looks like Smith & Tinker (Weisman's new outfit) isn't planning on a new Mechwarrior game Anytime Soon. They seem to be angling toward an MMORPG, probably Shadowrun. The only technical position they're seeking to fill, so far anyway, is for someone proficient in C# -- which wouldn't exactly be my first choice for a new MW title.

I wrote 'em some time ago, but never heard back.