Mechwarrior 5 possible teaser (mechwarrior confirmed)

Post up anything you would like to talk about here.
Pepsi-Wolf
House Steiner Hauptmann
House Steiner Hauptmann

Re: Mechwarrior 5 possible teaser

Post by Pepsi-Wolf »

hmmm
it possibly could be

if the 3rd one is a Jenner (the IS jenner), then I am willing to believe that the 2nd video's mech might be an IS Warhammer
Pepsi-Wolf Ward
Ego homini Lupus

John Doe117
I.S. Mech Washer

Re: Mechwarrior 5 possible teaser (mechwarrior confirmed)

Post by John Doe117 »

Well it is MechWARRIOR, not mechassault. We should get more details at midnight.

Lets just all hope this game turns out better than mech4 and doesn't get dumbed down to fit the controls to a game pad (should it be multi-platform). From the review I saw of their recent transformers game, (6/10-ign) this game will revive the mechwarrior name or drive the final nail into the coffin, Mech4 was released in 2000 after all.
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Post by Sir MMPD Radick »

Exactly what i mean by mech assault... when companies base their game around a console version many times when it gets to the PC it is not what anyone wants to actually be playing.
James 3:5-10: My Reminder
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
Skyfaller
Clan 1st MechWarrior
Clan 1st MechWarrior

Post by Skyfaller »

That is as close to a Warhammer as it gets ...

The Atlas seems to have packed a few kilos ...

Looks very much like a Jenner

The graphics appear to be good, but so far, the controls for a mech sim required a keyboard. Unless they intend to make their own controllers.
skyros
I.S. Mech Washer

Post by skyros »

Oh man! I was just on my way to post this. You guys beat me to it.
Drooling right now!!!
So very tasty!!!

Heres a couple min video of in game stuff
http://pc.ign.com/dor/objects/18954/mec ... 70709.html
Hegemon Chistu
I.S. Baby

Post by Hegemon Chistu »

Wow, that was a pretty impressive trailer.

Any idea on a release date??
Old Battloid
I.S. Baby

Post by Old Battloid »

You guys should watch IGN's "Rewind" video review of the new MW trailer...

(They highlight some new details worth knowing...)

It's great to see a new generation of MW games being seriously planned...

And it can't be that long till a theatrical movie, can it?

After I played MW3, (my first intro to MW/BT) I liked piloting battlemechs so much, I started to search for the older MW versions and even bought some of the old rpg manuals to see just what else the Battletech uninverse had to offer in mechs, further details about the Great Houses, Clans, etc. :geek:

For me, it's the new mission, the story behind it and being able to share the experience with other devoted fans...

I will always want to be in a Battlemech...

-Bat [+]
Diviner Sage and Battlemech Defender for The Brotherhood of Old.
BATTLEMASTER IIC
I.S. Baby

Post by BATTLEMASTER IIC »

From IGN's interview with Jordan Weisman, it appears that they want to bring back sim aspects like what MW2 had. I am very much looking forward to it! I'm just hoping that my laptop can run it...
Col.Kell
House Steiner Archon
House Steiner Archon

Post by Col.Kell »

BATTLEMASTER IIC wrote:I'm just hoping that my laptop can run it...
I know mine won't... :roll:
MechWarrior 2: 31stCC
John Doe117
I.S. Mech Washer

Post by John Doe117 »

After pondering about the trailer for a while now, I have noticed some things that greatly concern me about this game.

Health bar- During the fight a display of the Warhammer's condition pops up, I did not see any red/yellow/green shaded sections, and I believe I saw a percentage health bar at the bottom of the display, but it was very hard for me to tell with my video's quality. This is more in line with mechassault or armored core, however the Atlas did lose one of the arms it refused to use, so I'm confused what to make of this.

Censored language-The trailer was only a few minutes, but I find it almost laughable at how the pilot is censored from saying "words of frustration" that I hear left and right in either a Halo or a Call of Duty game. I would hate to hear similar dialog throughout the game, cutscene or combat.

PC and 360- Its not impossible to have a mechwarrior game on a modern gamepad. Sure there are have been a lot of functions on the keyboard in the past. And this can be somewhat addressed by using the bumpers as a shift 1, (and maybe shift 2) key(s). USB keyboard support is possible, but doubtful it would happen.
My understanding though from the IGN interview is the developer/publisher wants to make this game accessible for newcomers, which means simple, aka what was mechassault, and instead of a designed pc game on a console, it will probably be a console game ported to pc, perhaps even creating a worse experience on pc. Ever played Psyconaughts or GTA (San andreas for me) on pc? it looks quite nice maxed out but has that awkward feel that will keep reminding you this was intended to be played with joysticks for movement/aiming and a autoaim system that kills the joy of using the mouse to actually aim.

Until a hands on video from a review site or a playable demo comes up to get me excited and confident about this, I'll just play the waiting game. I have more faith in Living Legends than this.