New Sub forums

Post up anything you would like to talk about here.

Include these other Sub forums?

You may select up to 2 options

View results

Cyril
House Steiner Warrant Officer First Class
House Steiner Warrant Officer First Class

Re: New Sub forums

Post by Cyril »

I do see a need for a few new sections, but i am torn for how they should be sub/divided.

i see a need for console gaming, there are enough who play, and enough that don't wanna read it that it needs it own place.
i dont think that there needs to be any subdividing under that

as for other games. i would love to see a place to discus other games.

it would be assumed that they are PC games, and i would think something like, BOOM, Turns and Surf.
games where you blow things/people up,,strategy games,,,and net games (browser/flash etc)

and one more
New
this would be where we post new games we find for others to try. a place to post a link and description for a new games for others to try.
Archon
House Liao Private for Life

Post by Archon »

Why do I need another game discussion forum? I come to mech2.org for Mech 2
Col.Kell
House Steiner Archon
House Steiner Archon

Post by Col.Kell »

Cyril wrote:I do see a need for a few new sections, but i am torn for how they should be sub/divided.

i see a need for console gaming, there are enough who play, and enough that don't wanna read it that it needs it own place.
i dont think that there needs to be any subdividing under that.
Archon wrote:Why do I need another game discussion forum? I come to mech2.org for Mech 2
Although there are some people who play consoles (myself, Cyril, NotSid, and Hank all play 360), there aren't enough people to justify an entire section to consoles. A subforum would sound more appropriate.

But Archon does have a valid point, this is mech2.org, this is about mech. And much like him, that's why I come here.
MechWarrior 2: 31stCC
Pepsi-Wolf
House Steiner Hauptmann
House Steiner Hauptmann

Post by Pepsi-Wolf »

The reason I brought up the subsection is not because I'm trying to bring people in for the Other games we play;
It is just a section for those who were mech2 enthusiasts in the past who stumble onto the site, can revisit their mech2 memories AND see that we are still committed gamers who play recent titles. In theory I would think that this would give a reason for those people who just randomly stop by and make 1-10 posts in the current threads now, and dont return.

If you look at the member list; there are 185 members -- but how many actually come in to talk about Mech2 anyways, besides use few die hards :)

And a side note, I didnt suggest these subsections to completely replace the whole point of this board, just bring in some other reasons why a mech2 enthusiast would come back

we could shorten the subsection to:

Other PC Games we Play (merge megamek threads here)
Console Gaming
Pepsi-Wolf Ward
Ego homini Lupus

Pepsi-Wolf
House Steiner Hauptmann
House Steiner Hauptmann

Post by Pepsi-Wolf »

oh btw, -1 "Yes" vote on the poll. NotSid accidently voted twice for Yes (he said so when he first voted when i first started the thread)
Pepsi-Wolf Ward
Ego homini Lupus

Skyfaller
Clan 1st MechWarrior
Clan 1st MechWarrior

Post by Skyfaller »

It's all MMPD's decision, but I would propose to have a few hidden subsections. I don't mind having additional "Other Games" sections as long as they're only visible to a handpicked crowd. This might also be valuable for some modding and development discussions that shouldn't take place under the entire world's nose.

Google says, here's how to set it up:
http://www.webmasterworld.com/forum103/243.htm
Pepsi-Wolf
House Steiner Hauptmann
House Steiner Hauptmann

Post by Pepsi-Wolf »

funny how mmpd's been silent this whole thread

yes mmpd i see you lurking about :P
:lol:
Pepsi-Wolf Ward
Ego homini Lupus

Hank
House Steiner Private
House Steiner Private

Post by Hank »

and i come in to make the tie, what do you say radick? lol come to the dark side