Age Poll

Post up anything you would like to talk about here.

How old are you?

You may select 1 option

View results

dopefish7590
I.S. Baby

Re: Age Poll

Post by dopefish7590 »

I'm 17... All I'll say. ;)
Hank
House Steiner Private
House Steiner Private

Post by Hank »

19, wow, i feel old, and here i thought everyone else were older then me.
theliberator
I.S. Baby

Post by theliberator »

part of a majority for once ! :D
"Remember Tukayyid!!!"
Col.Kell
House Steiner Archon
House Steiner Archon

Post by Col.Kell »

Oh, my... I count 104 votes on here...
MechWarrior 2: 31stCC
Makeshiftmonkey
I.S. Baby

Post by Makeshiftmonkey »

I'm 21, and a girl. Hahaha. I love it.

I find it very interesting that most people here fall into my age group. It makes sense, because Mech2 came out at about the time we had our summers off and time after school to play video games all day =)
memnoch
I.S. Mech Washer

Post by memnoch »

I'm an old guy.

I was a young guy just out of the Army at Ft. Ord CA long time ago. One day was at a Denny's in Pacific Grove and a friend came up and said, "hey, see the guy with the beard and long black hair at the bar? he is looking for investors for new desktop type of computer for average people." So being newly employed at a mainframe company as a programmer, I went over to him. Introduced myself, he said his name was Steve Jobs. I asked what he was seeking investment for. He said he and a friend had designed and prototyped a small computer that sits on desk and has a keyboard and video screen. Well, this was like science fiction to me, I had no far-reaching inspirational thinking in this regard. Steve said, "for a $2,000 investment, you could get 100 shares of stock." I told him it would never fly.

Well, he had a rough time of it once in a while, but still ended up a great success. That 100 shares of stock would have turned into about $65,000,000 in today's dollars by now, even with the market as bad as it is.

So you can't blame me for having a good imagination or the ability to see into the future. Heh.

But the story does indeed date me as a certified baby-boomer generation member. :)
Col.Kell
House Steiner Archon
House Steiner Archon

Post by Col.Kell »

:( $65M??? ouch... Sorry to hear that. sounds a lot like one time when I could have been a movie star on the History Channel if my aditude wasn't so bad back then.
MechWarrior 2: 31stCC
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Post by Sir MMPD Radick »

sounds like how i feel about being talked out of investing in the euro(from the guy who was managing my investments) when it was less than .50 cents....
James 3:5-10: My Reminder
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
Cyril
House Steiner Warrant Officer First Class
House Steiner Warrant Officer First Class

Post by Cyril »

one of the higher ups a apple was a miniature train nut like my grandfather. now i am talking ones that were big enough for you to ride on, but still small. i have no idea of the scale. but you build the thing yourself. everything, down to the nuts and bolts.

well my grandfather started and this guy attended, a "train group" and the idea was, someone volunteers to bring food, and one guy talks for a bout 5 mins about something, didnt matter what, then everyone would talk with who they needed about whatever they were working on.

and for years and years that his how the meetings were run at apple.
BSP-GC-Mota
I.S. Baby

Post by BSP-GC-Mota »

I'm 28, so I was 14-17 while playing netmech on kali.
Clan Blood Spirit, Grand Council ladder - Khan
Clan Black Sheep. Registry ladder - saKhan