MechWarrior Movie

Post up anything you would like to talk about here.
Dragono
I.S. Baby

MechWarrior Movie

Post by Dragono »

I wish they would make a MechWarrior movie...but one that was true to the story and themes of MechWarrior, took place in oldschool Mechwarrior. Basically not what MechAssault was like. I just wish they would make one and make it well but I don't think they'll ever make one. If they do it would probably be stripped of anything that makes it unique.

Am I wrong?
Col.Kell
House Steiner Archon
House Steiner Archon

Re: MechWarrior Movie

Post by Col.Kell »

That would be cool if they did (I doubt my parents would let me see it... :roll: )

I think they did make a battletech animated series, but that's just not a movie.
I'd want to see the back-stories of the Refusal War.

But yes, you are correct Dragono, there should be a movie. :)
MechWarrior 2: 31stCC
Pepsi-Wolf
House Steiner Hauptmann
House Steiner Hauptmann

Post by Pepsi-Wolf »

i think there were some small newbits on Universal being pitched the idea of a Battletech movie -- from various forums i've read in the past.
migh tbe something good to look into
Pepsi-Wolf Ward
Ego homini Lupus

Archon
House Liao Private for Life

Post by Archon »

The MW movie was put on hold some time ago, think no one wanted to pick it up. Same for the TV series, which I only heard light rumors of. Battletech DID have an animated series -- The Somerset Strikers, but it was kinda silly and canceled after one season
Col.Kell
House Steiner Archon
House Steiner Archon

Post by Col.Kell »

I remember just how great those intro movies to 31cc were, even old and outdated they were-- no, I take that back, they ARE awesome!
My mind is wandering what the possibilities could be if there is the same originality with more realism and special effects... :)
MechWarrior 2: 31stCC
Pepsi-Wolf
House Steiner Hauptmann
House Steiner Hauptmann

Post by Pepsi-Wolf »

i think one problem with creating a movie for battltech is that the universe is so vast in history, and there are two sides to consider (IS and Clans)

I personally find Inner Sphere stuff boring. Clan stuff is boring by its self, but if you mix the two, you get a good result.

if a movie were made, i'd prefer it to be in the timeline of the Clan invasion.
Pepsi-Wolf Ward
Ego homini Lupus

Skyfaller
Clan 1st MechWarrior
Clan 1st MechWarrior

Post by Skyfaller »

Yes, I agree that a movie on the Clan invasion might work well. Plenty of action, lots of space for nice CGI, the revelation of the fate of the children of Kerensky ... then again, the story would probably be "adapted" to "better fit" cinema, which would likely mean rewriting BT history. Don't think I could enjoy it if they changed BT history and I'm not sure if the Clan invasion would fit into a single movie.

A separate movie on the fourth succession war? Imagine it, the war that starting at a wedding with the words "My dear... I give you the Capellan Confederation" ...

The war against the Word of Blake probably wouldn't fit into a single movie.
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Post by Sir MMPD Radick »

Those campaigns would be epic!
James 3:5-10: My Reminder
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
Pepsi-Wolf
House Steiner Hauptmann
House Steiner Hauptmann

Post by Pepsi-Wolf »

i'm sure if they did make a movie, they would really rewrite a lot of it to fit into general viewing audiences.
honestly, I'd hope they'd also cut out some of the clan terms, since a lot of people might get lost in translation.
Pepsi-Wolf Ward
Ego homini Lupus

Archon
House Liao Private for Life

Post by Archon »

tbh, most people are not interested in big back stories. Look at Star Wars -- people loved it because it was simple, had clearly defined sides, and a simple story line, albeit with immense hidden storyline.

I think the Clan Invasion would be too much for those kids to handle. Even the Fourth Succession War might be kind of pushing it.