So What Is Your Occupation?

Post up anything you would like to talk about here.
Col.Kell
House Steiner Archon
House Steiner Archon

So What Is Your Occupation?

Post by Col.Kell »

Hello all,

So I'm putting up a thread here. What is it that you do as a real-life job?

I'll start;

Currently I am enlisted in a ground unit in the United States Civil Air Patrol Cadet Program.
I do a number of duties there;

I participate in "Aerospace Education", which is studying everything that has to do with manned flight. (e.g, NASA, Wright brothers, the Newton laws, practice flights, workshops, etc)

Search and Rescue missions; should you ever crash your aircraft or get lost in my neck of the woods, you will get to meet me and my unit in our camo uniforms and orange vests.

And disaster relief. If a Katrina comes back, a tornado strikes, or an earthquake happens, I get to rescue more people. Fortunetly, nothing bad has happened. When my squad and I delt with +2,000 people, it was only to help with parking. :D

I have recently been promoted to the rank of "Cadet Airman Basic" or "C/AB". I am hoping the Leutenant will email me my promotion pix, so that way I can post them in an upcoming thread.

Okay, now let's hear you. :)

(P.S., click the link on my siggy if you're a teen or adult interested in joining!)
MechWarrior 2: 31stCC
Pepsi-Wolf
House Steiner Hauptmann
House Steiner Hauptmann

Re: So What Is Your Occupation?

Post by Pepsi-Wolf »

I have two positions in the company I work for.

Software Trainer is my primary role. I teach our clients how to use our proprietary Loan Servicing Software.

and Tech Support for that software is my other role.

I just recently went to Tennessee to train a client in Chattanooga.

here's some Pix:

http://s204.photobucket.com/albums/bb51 ... /Tennesee/
Pepsi-Wolf Ward
Ego homini Lupus

Sugar Pryde
House Steiner Private First Class

Post by Sugar Pryde »

I work for a pretty large Construction Corporation... we have many sister companies that specialize in different things.

I also dual job a bit...

I do all the accounting for the Trucking Company and on-site Heavy Equipment Garage. (Each are their own company.)

I also am the Dispatch Assistant... The actual Dispatcher use to be a Trucker and has the intelligence of a Trucker. So when it comes to about 95% of the Dispatch's paper work in regards to hazardous waste and permits - I do it. Along side of trying to teach him how to use his computer...

I've started getting bored with my job... I've taken on more responsibilites then anyone ever has in the past in my position... but its still not enough for me to do anymore, in part the Economy's to blame...
Archon
House Liao Private for Life

Post by Archon »

Student! But I also work at a dive shop in town
Col.Kell
House Steiner Archon
House Steiner Archon

Post by Col.Kell »

Believe it or not, my dad is a truck driver.
But he is an odd truck driver...
his belly-meat isn't hanging over the steering wheel, because he isn't 400lbs...
I'd say he has an I.Q. of 145, and he doesn't come out of the truckstop with an 80oz soda or his arm streched out to hold half a dozen hot dogs. :lol:
(you'd be suprized at what you'll find at a Piolet truck stop! And also the stories a trucker has to tell!)

I am also trying to get a job part-time over at the golden arches. Just for extra money. :roll:
MechWarrior 2: 31stCC
chelestra
I.S. Mech Washer

Post by chelestra »

new to the scene, but I'm a dad to my 3 (soon to be 4) kids and a school bus driver. :) Not as glamorous as you all,
but its a job and these days that's an important distinction when so many are jobless.
Sugar Pryde

Post by Sugar Pryde »

Kell -

I use to work at a Truck stop my freshman year in college. I didn't think by that point in time I was very naive in the world of perverted things to say, those drivers definitely taught me that I was!! Not to mention the driver's that did stop there; 99% of them were absolute slobs on top of pervs. So my opinion of drivers wasn't very good coming into this job...

These guys that I deal with on a daily basis aren't your typical driver you would think of either - their just not educated (and it shows), stubborn, and unorganized. They especially hate when you tell them their filling out their paper work wrong - they'll fight you tooth 'n nail about that. But most of my guys are sweet hearts, very clean kept (including their truck - about 1/3 of the fleet is Tri-Axles so that can be a chore in itself), and not terribly over weight... Though there are several that dispite being sweet hearts to us in the office - are not very good stand up men/fathers.

PS - Whats wrong with an 80 oz soda anyway? Gets me through the day of sitting at a desk. :P
Sugar Pryde

Post by Sugar Pryde »

chelestra wrote:new to the scene, but I'm a dad to my 3 (soon to be 4) kids and a school bus driver. :) Not as glamorous as you all, but its a job and these days that's an important distinction when so many are jobless.
There's nothing wrong with being a bus driver, and my job definitely isn't very glamorous... white collar in a blue collar industry, ya tend to end up more of a gray collar from chasing down all the info you need from those in the field. (I've never been really near a Tractor before until I hada climb into one to get the driver's payroll.) Besides - at this point - a job is a job. If the American Auto big 3 collapse, this country is really going to be in a hurting way.
Pepsi-Wolf
House Steiner Hauptmann
House Steiner Hauptmann

Post by Pepsi-Wolf »

oh ya Sugs,

I used to work at an Adult Bookstore.

+1 coolness for Pepsi
Pepsi-Wolf Ward
Ego homini Lupus

Sugar Pryde