Are any of you Bloodnamed?

Post up anything you would like to talk about here.
SomeKid
I.S. Baby

Are any of you Bloodnamed?

Post by SomeKid »

I was replaying the single player, and I found out something. My surname (IRL) is actually a bloodname as well. (Sadly, a JF one, but a BN nonetheless.)

I nearly missed it, but I was reading through the aftermath repports and whatnot on the missions and my jaw dropped. I had never noticed it before.

Any of y'all see your names in the game?
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Re: Are any of you Bloodnamed?

Post by Sir MMPD Radick »

Nope, my last name is not a blood name.
Check out Pepsi's list in the FAQ section, it is a nice excel spreadsheet!
Really easy to find names.

As for Bloodnamed, yes I am blood named.
Radick is my blood name, and I earned it in a trial in Clan Jade Wolf.
My House Leader is MottDaHoop Radick.

The name was hard pressed to earn.
I failed on my first attempt.
I finally was able to win the name on the 2nd try in a c-2 summoner config b.
I faced DevKill, RoseBud(Extremely good player), and possibly Flaming.. I do not remember if Flaming was the third or not sadly.
I defeated all three of them and won the name.

This really is what Pepsi and I were discussing; we would like to bring back the Blood name trials. It would give people something to strive for to be counted a Blood Named warrior.

Now in regards to seeing the Radick name in Mech2; yes it is a very big name in Battletech and MechWarrior.
Usually Radick's are considered to be very militaristic, crusader, ego maniac's, and most of them are half insane.... Also usually they are used as cannon fodder in most books.
In another words if your Blood Name is Radick expect to be dead by the end of the book or to lose a trial or something worse.
James 3:5-10: My Reminder
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
SomeKid
I.S. Baby

Post by SomeKid »

Wish I had seen that earlier. I was just plain shocked to see my name on the list. As avid as I am, I never saw it before.

Ever finish the book you were on when we last talked of them?

Also, I have been playing the SP, but no music plays. Normal for that CD, or something wrong?
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

nope i did not.
As for single player.. if i remember right you are playing through direct windows.. if that is the case the only way to get music is to have the disc in the D drive.. i think that is usually the only way to get it to work right.
Otherwise the only other way is to fix dosbox.
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
SomeKid
I.S. Baby

Post by SomeKid »

I am keeping the disc in the drive, still no music.

As an aside, do you think it will be possible to fix my DosBOX? If so, I would like to do that.
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

probably, depends on how much ya have patience over vnc.. i would have to do it on friday tho.. class tommarow.
SomeKid
I.S. Baby

Post by SomeKid »

Works for me. I have class in...6 hours.

Friday I will be glad to troubleshoot with you.

Do mechs I customize on my own in single player also get saved into the netmech file?
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

no, you need to import them.
Pepsi-Wolf
House Steiner Hauptmann
House Steiner Hauptmann

Post by Pepsi-Wolf »

My Bloodname is Ward. I am the Bloodhouse leader from Clan Wolf (CW) from Mplayer.

Unfortunately when I moved to other clans, my Bloodname didnt transfer :evil:

I usually dont have my Bloodname in my Callsign because its usually too long to put Pepsi-Wolf Ward
Sometimes you may see me put Pepsi Ward
Pepsi-Wolf Ward
Ego homini Lupus

Sugar Pryde
House Steiner Private First Class
House Steiner Private First Class

Post by Sugar Pryde »

Like Pepsi, I earned my bname from Clan Wolf. The reason I picked Pryde was in honor of my teachers from Dark Legion - Cobalt and Kodiak were both of the House of Pryde.

When I first showed up on MW2 chat on Mpiggy I didn't have the game yet. Once I finally got the game, Cobalt and Kodiak took me under their wing and taught me how to play. I got involved in MW2 via word of mouth of a friend - I had never played prior.

Once I earned my bname, I was able to transfer it with me. In KB, I had to do some sorta trial before Konad would allow me to transfer it. When I joined up with Dark Legion I didn't have to do anything to transfer it... they believed that if you earned the right to a Bloodname it was yours - no matter what clan you moved to.