SO whatever happen to the mech series?

Post up anything you would like to talk about here.
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Re: SO whatever happen to the mech series?

Post by Sir MMPD Radick »

what does megamek have to do with AT1? *missing this completely*
James 3:5-10: My Reminder
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
Nynx
I.S. Mech Washer

Post by Nynx »

yea but whats consistent with b-tech games? the model accuracy (which is why i didnt like mw4)
if it doesnt look like an atlas its not an atlas, MW2 tried the hardest to make everything accurate and that's why i love mw2:mercs

it is true that not everything translates properly but if the base designs don't look right then its not btech, its whatever the person who made it wants it to be...with a btech style.
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Post by Sir MMPD Radick »

btw nynx, you should come by our irc sometime. I would love to play ya mech2. :)
James 3:5-10: My Reminder
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
Nynx
I.S. Mech Washer

Post by Nynx »

in due time, I got Earthsiege 2 working and am playing for the first time in 10 years :D
Pepsi-Wolf
House Steiner Hauptmann
House Steiner Hauptmann

Post by Pepsi-Wolf »

Cyril wrote:that is because Btech is a board game. board games don't transfer to computer very well in most cases. so you have to scrafice somethings for gameplay.

even Megamek, b tech on the computer, dosent translate out exactly. there are things in megamek that you can't do in btech, as well as vice versa.

there was that game that Fasa Interactive sorta made, only put it in Alpha or Beta.
It was the board game, but I cannot remember what it was called. There was a thread that npsbre and I were talking about it

and i think limitations of Megamek is mostly because of the limitations of the people who program and the people who play megamek. Java isnt an easy language to program :?
Pepsi-Wolf Ward
Ego homini Lupus