Favorite Mech Builds

Post up anything you would like to talk about here.
Havokq3
House Steiner Corporal
House Steiner Corporal

Favorite Mech Builds

Post by Havokq3 »

What are your favorite mech builds/configurations/load-outs? What do you use them for? What are your favorite things to do with said mech builds/configurations/load-outs? What roles do these mech builds/configurations/load-outs fulfill?
The year is 2015. For a Mail Officer, LIFE is WAR, and DEATH is the only true peace.
navbuoy
House Steiner Sergeant
House Steiner Sergeant

Re: Favorite Mech Builds

Post by navbuoy »

I hate using jump jets...I normally strip them off for the extra weight for armour and counter measures or to squeeze in that extra medium laser or heavy weapon.
I even drop the engine weight too...I find if I have to slow down my mech to make turns then might as well drop the KPH a bit...again use the added availability to load up that extra punch weapon.

I prefer long range weapons...I rather not trade blows with Assault mechs. LRM 10/15/20s, PPCs or ER Lrg lasers, either Mediums for closer range or squeeze in there a small group of guns in case I want to go for the legs if I strafe through a close encounter.

Normally, I love the Crab mech or Mad Dog. They are a Good Balance for me as long as I keep the armour up :)
Havokq3
House Steiner Corporal
House Steiner Corporal

Post by Havokq3 »

I normally pilot a Summoner armed with Pulse lasers and an LRM 10, backed up by an Ultra A\C 5. Excellent brawler build, with next to no heat problems.
The year is 2015. For a Mail Officer, LIFE is WAR, and DEATH is the only true peace.
Striker
House Steiner Private First Class
House Steiner Private First Class

Post by Striker »

I used to run a league-driven C3 Hellbringer in Mercnet (C4 if you think netmech), consisting of ams with 4 tons of ammo, 2 LRM15s with 4 tons of ammo, and 3 mplas. Oh and 3 jj.

It's not anything special really... but it kind of became my signature mech in the Mercnet 1.1 community. For reasons I do not understand, I was the only player to mount twin LRM15s on a Hellbringer in that community. Most 2v2 league matches often bidded 70 tons for drop weight, and while most people chose grizzlies, I tended to drop in a Hellbringer. It was an effective build too, and I remember a couple players commenting how much the receiving end hurt.

Another fun build I like is a Thug with 1 lrm 15, 1 lplas, 1 mplas, and 1 splas with a ton of ams. It got me through most of the Mercenaries campaign.

Beyond this, my memory is kind of fuzzy on what some of my other builds are. If anything though, I kind of prefer playing stock builds :D