Need a little bit of Help

Post up anything you would like to talk about here.
Imurashi
I.S. Baby

Need a little bit of Help

Post by Imurashi »

So I was on here about a year ago to get Mechwarrior 2 up and running with MechVM or just in general. A kind gentleman helped me out, even came and caught my following stream. I'd like to get it up and running again after a long haitus from it(seeing as how my current rig can't handle MWO but I have that mechwarrior itch.) I don't know how active this forum still is, but if there's someone around, hit me up. I remember there was a chat room at some time, but I can't seem to find that either. Either way, thanks for your time, and hopefully someone gets back to me soon.
navbuoy
House Steiner Sergeant
House Steiner Sergeant

Re: Need a little bit of Help

Post by navbuoy »

Yeah, it's pretty quiet here as of late.

Chances are you're using 8 or higher so this thread sorta touches on a few workarounds you could try (DOSBox or using a Virtual Machine like VMWare)...should be good for Windows 10 as well.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1384
Imurashi
I.S. Baby

Post by Imurashi »

Thanks for the redirect. I actually am still on seven, and the main issues I'm having is Win95 Native won't run in MechVM, just crashes all the time, and I can't rebind my keys around for using wasd for feet turning in the mechs, which is something I'd like to do. Wasn't an option in the input.map file. I also can't bring the DosBox back into fullscreen when I play, along with trouble streaming it.
navbuoy
House Steiner Sergeant
House Steiner Sergeant

Post by navbuoy »

I think this might help for the WASD configuration you're talking about...
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=914#p8091

Not too sure if it's DosBox that's not going fullscreen or something else...might have to use a stretch option somewhere. I use win7 too with DosBox but in Windowed mode. Need to check it out and see about the full screen option.
Imurashi
I.S. Baby

Post by Imurashi »

Well it seems you can click in screen and hit ALT + Enter to fullscreen it again, but I still have this weird issue with it causing a flickering in OBS. It would be easier to work with if I had dual screens, but at the moment I don't. Playing in Windowed makes it a bit too small to see what's going on.
navbuoy
House Steiner Sergeant
House Steiner Sergeant

Post by navbuoy »

I was looking it up and it seems to happen a lot. One reply about someone trying to us OBS when playing StarCraft in full screen having flickering..

Please use borderless windowed mode in SC2 and enable Aero using Window Capture, or use Game Capture. I do not recommend Monitor Capture on Windows 7 at all.

Not entirely sure if it will help...