Do you guys have a Teamspeak server?

Post up anything you would like to talk about here.
MensloWolf
I.S. Baby

Do you guys have a Teamspeak server?

Post by MensloWolf »

Just kinda curious :|
Striker
House Steiner Private First Class
House Steiner Private First Class

Re: Do you guys have a Teamspeak server?

Post by Striker »

I think we should get one :) BTW, you coming for netmech today?
LordNova2
House Steiner Sergeant
House Steiner Sergeant

Re: Do you guys have a Teamspeak server?

Post by LordNova2 »

Funny you should ask that...
I did set up a TS2 server for us to use several years back, and it seemed like everyone in the community hopped on it and used it. But that was it, I do not remember seeing anyone on it or the TS2 server MMPD set up on mech2.org after that.

MW2 is a different animal when compared to recent MW games. You can easily get away with not using voice comms and still get balanced gameplay.
Of course 4v4 (8-players) is as big as a game get, so it is not like one or two guys break off from the main group and find themselves being a snack for 10+ mechs when they come over the hill, and with how the radar works it is no big surprise where everyone is at either.
Terrain is also another thing, it is not as easy to weave in and out of the terrain to hide in MW2 as it is rather open, so it is either your out in the open or your behind cover.
Jump Jets in MW2 move you in all directions (up, left, right, forward, backward, and turning) which is your best bet for evasive maneuvering, to avoid fire or quickly get behind something.
Maps are also seem and feel rather small, while there have been several add-on maps made for MW2, majority being for Merc-Net, they were still rather small maps (even the larger ones) when compared to the newer MW games. They were more suited for brawling than long range combat. The stock multiplayer maps seem to lack the size and amount/complexity of terrain when compared to allot of the maps in the single player campaign of MW2.
With no mission-boundaries to confine you within an area, I remember allot of the battles back in the day seemed to always work their way outside of the terrain populated area into the open infinite flat-lands of the map. I have more memories of fighting on the outside of the forrest in Galluza than inside.