Your Alternate Battletech History: 3025

Post up anything you would like to talk about here.
Pepsi-Wolf
House Steiner Hauptmann
House Steiner Hauptmann

Your Alternate Battletech History: 3025

Post by Pepsi-Wolf »

The year is 3025, and the 3rd Succession War has ended (http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Third_Succession_War). The Clans would not invade for many years to come, and the Inner Sphere looks like this: http://cf.sarna.net/data/planets/iscs/iscs_jp_3025.pdf

Federated Suns and Lyran Commonwealth are not unified through Hanse Davion and Melissa Steiner marriage yet. Wolf Dragoons have been gathering intel on Inner Sphere factions, for the Clans.

As an inner sphere citizen, what would you do at this point in History?
What Faction are you affiliated with?
(i.e. House Davion. Note: if you're going to mention a merc unit, please be a bit more creative than: "I'm this merc unit, and I do whatever I want")
What Political measures would you do differently? (i.e. ally with House Marik and attack Davion worlds)

Battletech Timeline if you want to see what happened up to 3025: http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Timeline
Please keep in mind that the Inner Sphere had no idea about the Clans, so don't say stuff like "...prepare for impending clan invasion..."
Pepsi-Wolf Ward
Ego homini Lupus

Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Re: Your Alternate Battletech History: 3025

Post by Sir MMPD Radick »

Hmm, interesting idea here.

If I was to go about choosing sides I probably would choose either House Kurita or Liao.

I probably would choose to go with House Kurita..

Considering the history it would continue to be a back and forth for a long period against the Fed Suns, but I would focus on capturing a few of the Davion black boxes then reingineering them to my needs. After doing that I would then try and get comstar to interdict communications on Davion planets for humanitarian reasons. This would cause some chaos, but not alot since they have the black boxes at the same time, but this would cause enough of a diversion that we could instead of going after Davion shift the focus over to the Steiner block and take several worlds while Davion is unaware. Granted at this period of time they are not completely united, but they are still allied. All the while attempting to strike an alliance with Marik in order to take Steiner on both sides.
James 3:5-10: My Reminder
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
Pepsi-Wolf
House Steiner Hauptmann
House Steiner Hauptmann

Re: Your Alternate Battletech History: 3025

Post by Pepsi-Wolf »

I think I would be with the Lyran Commonwealth (House Steiner). I would convince the Free Worlds League (House Marik) to work together and push against the Capellan Confederation (House Liao).

Looking at the 3025 map, and not looking into strategic values of each planet (i.e. resources, mech plants, etc...), Steiner would make a push against the Liao worlds near Terra: Sirius, Procyon, Carver 5, Keid, and continue pushing towards Federated Suns (House Davion) borders.

On the Marik front, I'd have some small strikes towards the outer portions of Liao space as a distraction, on these worlds: Shiba, Niomede. The main concentration would be to cut Liao space in half at planets: Styk, Shensi, Poznan, heading towards the Davion borders.

In my history, I would not unify Davion and Steiner, but I would try to not agitate them. I would be ok if they decided to join the fray and push into Liao Worlds, as long as they are worlds we have not already stepped foot on. The only trouble I can imagine we'd have is the Draconis Combine (House Kurita). I'm unsure how they would react, or if they have their own ambitions to push into Steiner Worlds.
Pepsi-Wolf Ward
Ego homini Lupus