Mechwarrior Movie Plot

Post up anything you would like to talk about here.
EventHorizon
House Steiner Corporal
House Steiner Corporal

Mechwarrior Movie Plot

Post by EventHorizon »

If you had a chance to make into a movie a mechwarrior or battletech scenario, what would go with. I think Mercs would be my choice. As long as the gritty atmosphere was kept and cool metal music(well not all metal).
Pepsi-Wolf
House Steiner Hauptmann
House Steiner Hauptmann

Re: Mechwarrior Movie Plot

Post by Pepsi-Wolf »

I think the marriage between Hans Davion and Melissa Steiner, forming the union of The Federated Suns and the Lyran Commonwealth into the Federated Commonwealth, and immediately fading into a scene where the Commonwealth launches attacks on the Cappellans. Then also attacking the Draconis Combine midway through the movie.
The movie would end as the Commonwealth finishes taking the Sarna March (former Cappellan worlds), with the feeling of no hope against the Commonwealth.

The second movie would start with the Kell Hounds running into the Clan Wolf unit on The Rock (the planet, not the buff Samoan that does movies and wrassles). That scene would end with Phelan Kell being captured. The movie would then be a series of battles from the invading Clans, slowly exposing the audience to each of the Clan's menatlities. The movie would end with the Rasalhague aerospace pilot kamakazing into the ilKhan's jumpship bridge, halting the Clan invasion

The third movie would be MW2:Mercs centric (timeline and events), leading up to the event where the Clan Invasion stops

The fourth movie would be a continuation of the Clan invasion, ending with Tukayyid. Also showcasing the Defense of Luthien by the Mercs. Both brilliant battles on both sides.
Pepsi-Wolf Ward
Ego homini Lupus

EventHorizon
House Steiner Corporal
House Steiner Corporal

Post by EventHorizon »

Bonus Question:

Who would your dream director be to make it. I'd personally go with Ridley Scott. It just seems that if he could have such good sci-fi production values in Bladerunner and Alien in the 80's, it would be cool if he could transfer that gritty atmosphere to a mecha movie.
Cyril
House Steiner Warrant Officer First Class

Post by Cyril »

Scott directing and Quentin Tarantino
Pepsi-Wolf
House Steiner Hauptmann
House Steiner Hauptmann

Post by Pepsi-Wolf »

I'd direct it myself. Comeon son.
Pepsi-Wolf Ward
Ego homini Lupus

Cyril

Post by Cyril »

I Think i would rather produce
EventHorizon
House Steiner Corporal
House Steiner Corporal

Post by EventHorizon »

This could be on the soundtrack: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3dMkPFPsVk It would sound good at a final battle between two mechs maybe, or in the last round of the mech tournaments(I think it would be great to include the Solaris tournament in the movie, if only maybe a character who fought and survived in the past, flashback time)