Light mechs

Post up anything you would like to talk about here.
Freeza-CII
House Steiner Private
House Steiner Private

Light mechs

Post by Freeza-CII »

Of the all the mechs the light mechs are the best. I have proven in the past that they are not be brushed off or underestimated. But What is the best light mech in your opinion I would say a light mech is any thing 40 tons and under.
NM1999
I.S. Baby

Re: Light mechs

Post by NM1999 »

Actually light mechs weight from 20-35 tons, 40 tons would be medium (that's what BT fluff states it to be).
Last edited by NM1999 on Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Your blood will be shed no matter how, or how much your sorry hide pleas to me". NM1999
navbuoy
House Steiner Sergeant
House Steiner Sergeant

Post by navbuoy »

That's an excellent question. I have never managed to be able to do much with anything with less than a Nova or Mad Dog. I recently played MW2 last trials on hard with them giving me a Firemoth against two heavy mechs. It was a hell of a learning curve but once I figured out the bob and weave style of attack needed - I was impressed with my results.
Freeza-CII
House Steiner Private
House Steiner Private

Post by Freeza-CII »

the firemoth is probably my favorite of the small mechs right in front of the kitfox. Me and MMPD were doing fire moth speed runs through the single player to see if it was even possible. I had a firemoth with a er small and a pulse small damn near maxed the engine out I believe it would run 280 300 kph. but what kept it alive the most other then some inventive dodging was the jump jet. It was basicly get in REALLY close and use the jump jet to make tight circles around the target and needle them to death with the two lasers.

The kitfox on the other hand took the opposite approach. Much like the sets I had for Novas I had for the kitfox since they were both torsoless mechs. didn't need to be very fast but not slow by any means. I think it would do about 60 70 kph. But the surprise was the UAC 10 or 20 I had put on it. Many a time I have got people off guard with it and obliterated them. Or just shot them in the back. But the big punch from the small mech is to be feared. But Not all were either super destructive or super annoying. I did have a lot of balanced ones mostly C1 (energy weapons only) that could float around pretty good and took advantage of the small profile they presented.
EventHorizon
House Steiner Corporal
House Steiner Corporal

Post by EventHorizon »

I remember getting owned by a light mech back on kali a few times. I was impressed I must admit
navbuoy
House Steiner Sergeant
House Steiner Sergeant

Post by navbuoy »

What do you do when you're in a heavy mech against a speedy mech like that? Just back up and swivel...try to keep them in your sights?
:?:
NM1999
I.S. Baby

Post by NM1999 »

My favorite light mech from MW2M is the Commando, because i'm an SRM wh*re ;)
Last edited by NM1999 on Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Your blood will be shed no matter how, or how much your sorry hide pleas to me". NM1999
Freeza-CII
House Steiner Private
House Steiner Private

Post by Freeza-CII »

Heavy mechs are extremely hard to take down just because of the armor. Jump jets or backing up is the best way to fight it. As far as missiles are concerned with my firemoth i can dodge them no problem with a simple change of direction.
navbuoy
House Steiner Sergeant
House Steiner Sergeant

Post by navbuoy »

I totally stink with jump jets...I'd definitely opt for jump jet training. :)
themadasshatter
I.S. Baby

Post by themadasshatter »

Old thread, I know, but I absolutely loved the Jenner. I found that as long as I had a fast mech with at least one medium pulse laser and a crapload of heatsinks, I was practically invincible in the single player.