A curious question

Post up anything you would like to talk about here.
GaussNova
I.S. Baby

A curious question

Post by GaussNova »

Hi, my name is GaussNova, which, if you are wondering what that is, is a Supernova with 6/5 Gauss Rifles on it, and I need your help, so listen up. I am planning to grab a vintage Gateway 2000, that I believe comes with Windows 98/Windows 98 SE. What operating system is good to run MechWarrior 2: Battlepack? MechVM on my newer PC is sometimes odd and glitches up oftenly, though MechVM is a very nice program. Besides, it doesn't feel right, playing on a newer system, as the feeling of playing MechWarrior 3. So I hope you send some recommendations on what OS I should run it on. Thanks for helping! :D
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Re: A curious question

Post by Sir MMPD Radick »

Heya welcome!

Well, usually a 300 or 500mhz Pentium 3 will do fine with a Voodoo 5 5500 AGP.
OS Windows 98 SE works the best for all the versions of the game.

Hope that helps
James 3:5-10: My Reminder
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
GaussNova
I.S. Baby

Post by GaussNova »

Thank you! I'll look at the 2000's specs, and see if there is a way to upgrade to a VooDoo 5*, which may be risky, due to it being an older PC (1997) :shock: But if I get the thing and it runs Mech2 and Mech3 "for giggles", ill notify you ASAP! :D
GaussNova
I.S. Baby

Post by GaussNova »

By the way, if you want to see the specs of this Gateway, here they are.
Introduction: 1997
Processor : Intel Pentium II
Frequency : 266 MHz
RAM : 32Mo (256 Mo Max.)
Stockage : HDD 4 Go, CD-ROM 24x
Video Card: NVidia STB Velocity 128 video AGP,
Modem : 56k
Not sure if this will run Mech2 or Mech3 good... o_O
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Post by Sir MMPD Radick »

should run mech2 fine. mech2 was made for the generation prior to pentium.. 90mhz... least that was the original. 233 mhz should run battlepack semi decent its on edge
James 3:5-10: My Reminder
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.