Just bought Mechwarrior 2... Question!!!!

Post up anything you would like to talk about here.
Edmond Dantes
I.S. Baby

Just bought Mechwarrior 2... Question!!!!

Post by Edmond Dantes »

Hey guys, I hope its not bad that I registered just to ask (and I wasn't sure if this should go in Tech Support or not so I'm placing it here to be safe).

A local game store had Mechwarrior 2, Ghost Bear's Legacy and Mercenaries, as a set, for $5. So I bought 'em. Now, when I got home I discovered the set was mixed: MW2 was the "IBM CD-ROM" and was DOS-only, but GBL is apparently only for Windows 95. Mercenaries does both.

So, is there a way to install GBL with the DOS edition of MW2, or will I have to buy a DOS version of GBL (or, alternatively, a Win95 version of Mech2)?

Thanks in advance.
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Re: Just bought Mechwarrior 2... Question!!!!

Post by Sir MMPD Radick »

yes it should install if i recall correctly. It just needs to detect the cd.
James 3:5-10: My Reminder
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
Cyril
House Steiner Warrant Officer First Class
House Steiner Warrant Officer First Class

Post by Cyril »

Edmond Dantes wrote:Hey guys, I hope its not bad that I registered just to ask (and I wasn't sure if this should go in Tech Support or not so I'm placing it here to be safe).

A local game store had Mechwarrior 2, Ghost Bear's Legacy and Mercenaries, as a set, for $5. So I bought 'em. Now, when I got home I discovered the set was mixed: MW2 was the "IBM CD-ROM" and was DOS-only, but GBL is apparently only for Windows 95. Mercenaries does both.

So, is there a way to install GBL with the DOS edition of MW2, or will I have to buy a DOS version of GBL (or, alternatively, a Win95 version of Mech2)?

Thanks in advance.

i got that box set back in the day. did the set come in boxes? or was it it just cd cases?

it would be cool to find the boxed set, in that side by side package. i would get it and not open it. glad ya found us. you should hop onto irc with us.
Edmond Dantes
I.S. Baby

Post by Edmond Dantes »

Thank you all. It turns out, GBL does indeed work with my copy of Mech2 (no, it was not a box set--just three CDs in jewel cases that happened to be available in the same place).

I have to boot my old comp into Win95 to play GBL, but I set my computer up precisely for this sort of thing, so I'm happy.

I might try to install them all on my laptop to game multiplayer... I never played Mech2 back when it was current, and am only just now discovering why it was such a huge game. I always loved the Armored Core series and its nice to play its western competitor ^__^