Friday night punch ups and more

Post up anything you would like to talk about here.
Hadakajime
House Steiner Private
House Steiner Private

Re: Friday night punch ups and more

Post by Hadakajime »

well that was pretty good. Looking forward to next time.

Definitely need to work out why it's so hard to damage others but so easy for them on me :x

Doublepost question:

Mmpd, why do you disable radar when hosting netmech?
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Post by Sir MMPD Radick »

Well, mainly because having radar takes alot of the challenge out of the game.
For instance the desert becomes traversable and not so easily lost. You are not be able to sneak up on someone when they are watching the radar constantly.
Most people that host games here turn it off automatically.

Basically it forces players to think about where people spawn and memorize the locations in order to win. Desert map player 1 & 2 always spawn directly across from each other so you have a general idea where they might be.
Ramsau 1 and 3 spawn across from each other... the second player spawns left of player 1 some ways off behind a building and so on. I do not know all the spawn points myself, but it keeps me thinking.

Now regarding damage.. as i said before you generally are sitting on the ground running one direction. All I need to do is put my reticle slightly ahead of your shoulder and hover at that location to destroy your mech. You need to move your mech in the air more. It doesn't have to be a lot just enough to throw your opponent off their target because remember they cannot always shoot directly at you; especially, when you are in the air the bounding spheres are distorted quite a bit.
James 3:5-10: My Reminder
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
Hadakajime
House Steiner Private
House Steiner Private

Post by Hadakajime »

Hey people

Looking forward to the next gathering, but remember it's only around the corner!

So to those who couldn't make it last time, now's your chance to take part in it again. Be sure to shout out if we need to adjust for availability/timing. The more the merrier.

Hope to see a few more of you online!

* teach us newbs a thing or two
Hadakajime
House Steiner Private
House Steiner Private

Post by Hadakajime »

LOLOLOL @ the very end of last friday's stream :lol: captured my stupid comments in IRC
ahahah perfect balance of kills and overheats :roll:

2 + (-2) = 0

was a great stream btw. Excellent matches. I'm astounded!

EDIT:
Also, I noticed after I added a link to Radick's nice stream recording, my post about these games in the MWO forums attract a lot more attention. So, good work on that! :D
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Post by Sir MMPD Radick »

Thanks Hada! :)
James 3:5-10: My Reminder
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.