Friday night punch ups and more

Post up anything you would like to talk about here.
Hadakajime
House Steiner Private
House Steiner Private

Friday night punch ups and more

Post by Hadakajime »

Hey all

I got the message about the weekly bash. I haven't really thought about netmech much, but thinking about it while reading that message (and having a recent gaming session in blissful Daggerfall) has really got me more interested.
Do we need to have a Friday Night Line Up thread in the news section or something for posting participation and results? It may be interesting for historical and promotional purposes..
Also, this got me thinking... since we have the world's undisputed authorities/experts on Mech2 here, we coould extend it out and work towards holding a (bi)yearly...

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: World Championships for Classic Mech Fighting and Piloting :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

It could include fighting, and maybe even tests of pilot skill through a challenge/time trial course (custom map if this is possible).
Maybe I'm getting ahead of myself, but it seems like a fun idea to me. I think if Sir MMPD Radick says a tourny here is the official world championships, there ain't nobody that can dispute it.

/daydream

Last edited by Hadakajime on Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:42 am, edited 8 times in total.
metroid_sax1
I.S. Mech Washer

Re: Friday night punch ups and more

Post by metroid_sax1 »

I recon it would work, I'd keep an eye on the scores of certain match by being an AFK Elemental battlesuit (or running if in crossfire)
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Post by Sir MMPD Radick »

Hehe, yeah I actually was planning to post a thread about the games on Friday nights tonight. I would have done it sooner but I haven't gotten around to it.
I guess I'll get started on that shortly. Glad to have a confirmation on that!

I really am glad to see the response that I got to the e-mail. Highlander was correct about sending some e-mails out because I was shocked that within 2 hours of posting that e-mail we have been getting many different people popping by the IRC randomly. I would say that generally if those that showed up in IRC are any indication we have at least 6-8 people that might show up. If it goes beyond that to say maybe 12-16 then we probably will do a tournament of some sort for a prize.

(Nothing fancy, but I have been dieing to give away some authentic MechWarrior 2 XL T-shirts from 1995 launch that I have laying around brand new! Good for someones wall definitely! Our previous tournament winner npsbre declined the prize so that someone else could have one in the next tournament.)

Either way I am hoping that it will be alot of fun whether or not it turns out to be a tournament. We should be able to get in a few 6 player games or 8 if someones crazy enough to push the limits of the server for a single game. (actually it runs relatively decently these days)

Regarding bi-yearly tournament for the championship that is tempting, but lets see how this goes. If we can keep interest in this over an extended period then maybe, but we will see.

Anyway pass the word on facebook or any other site! The more we get to show up the better this will be!
James 3:5-10: My Reminder
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
CaptZoom
I.S. Baby

Post by CaptZoom »

ALL low life clans must die slow painfull deaths .

After ridding the galaxy of any real clan resistance and defending Terra for years , i see
the clan scum is still clinging to life and shows signs of strengthening.

That is not tollerable and will have to be delt with swiftly !

(Inner Sphere/Free World League) =CaptZoom= .
metroid_sax1
I.S. Mech Washer

Post by metroid_sax1 »

CaptZoom wrote:ALL low life clans must die slow painfull deaths .

After ridding the galaxy of any real clan resistance and defending Terra for years , i see
the clan scum is still clinging to life and shows signs of strengthening.

That is not tollerable and will have to be delt with swiftly !

(Inner Sphere/Free World League) =CaptZoom= .
Innersphere Stravach!
I hope you burn on the plains of Karvol VI
CaptZoom
I.S. Baby

Post by CaptZoom »

Can the game run on win7/64 ?
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Post by Sir MMPD Radick »

Yes if you grab the netmech download from our site you can. (atm link is down because of some issues check tomorrow)
James 3:5-10: My Reminder
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
-Myg
House Steiner Sergeant Major
House Steiner Sergeant Major

Post by -Myg »

YO YO YO YO, SUP PEEPS!

I've been working away like a garden gnome on the newest Netmech installer and we are basically done!

JJ's been a'fixed and we worked out some loading issues with the game (waiting too long for other players).

Current build is available in the downloads section and we have instructions for Windows and other OS/s (if you are so inclined)!

Peace out broz
metroid_sax1
I.S. Mech Washer

Post by metroid_sax1 »

As this friday is my last day at placement I will strive to be on beacuse I'm in the GMT zone can someone convert 5PM (PST) to GMT plz, I will need to test my battlesuit observation.
Just remember if you see a battlesuit moving like hell don't attack or you lose 1 point off your score for killing the score keeper who is moving away from any Crossfire at breakneck pace!
Hadakajime
House Steiner Private
House Steiner Private

Post by Hadakajime »

Posted on my farcebook:

(saturday in my zimetone)
YO YO YO

There's gonna be an online gathering of EPIC WORLDLY PROPORTIONS this saturday night!!!!

Awesome PvP ***MECHWARRIOR*** action with the genuine sim i'm sure you've all been dying for since the announcement of MWO. Best yet it a simple small download and no sign up required to participate! Oldschool professional tournament players will be there too.

Be sure to stop by and/or join in:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1199