Favorite Mechs!

Post up anything you would like to talk about here.
mech2memories
House Steiner Corporal
House Steiner Corporal

Favorite Mechs!

Post by mech2memories »

I know, I know. This is the second poll I've posted, but I'm just courious to see which mech is everyone's favorite. It can be from mech2, gbl, or mercs. I'm just curious to see if this will work.
(this isnt in poll format because it wouldnt be practical; there are so many mechs out there)
npsbre
House Steiner Sergeant Major

Re: Favorite Mechs!

Post by npsbre »

For MW2:31CC, I like the Mad Dog the most. Many of the missions you can get by quite easily with a 60 tonner with ER medium lasers and an LRM or two.

For GBL missions, you really need a heavier mech in general. I usually prefer the Timberwolf. Usually I go with a bunch of ER medium lasers and a pair of LRM-15s or 20s. The exception to this is in the Bekker trial of grievance and in the bloodname competition missions at the end -- here, a twin UAC-10 config makes sense, which can end the mission in under 10 seconds ;) (or within a couple seconds of getting into range).

For Mercs, I buy the newer tech Awesome as soon as it gets on the market, selling everything I have if necessary. I usually keep that mech for myself until the end of the game. In my opinion, it's even better than the clan mechs because there are no supply issues. You will take hits and use ammunition, so it's beneficial that you can always buy IS replacement parts and ammo. You have to salvage clan components and ammo, which makes them almost too precious to use (case in point, the Kodiak). This Awesome has three ER PPCs and a pulse laser or two, and a pair of SSRM-2s (if I recall correctly) -- this is pretty powerful in Mercs. Chain fire the PPCs, group fire the lasers and SSRMs and the heat is fine.
Pepsi-Wolf
House Steiner Hauptmann
House Steiner Hauptmann

Post by Pepsi-Wolf »

Are you asking our favorite Stock mechs? or Mechs that we like to customize?

in any case,

in Mechwarrior2: 31stCC, I love the Warhammer IIc. I mean common, even the name is badass. Dual ER PPC's for long range combat; ER Med's, Med Pulses, SSRM6 for close combat.

and of course I love the Timber Wolf. Good mech all around. Alt C & D are great variants

For GBL, i'm not sure, I've only played through it a couple of times. I didnt like how the game limited you to one mech until your next Trial of Position.

Mercs, any clan mech.
Pepsi-Wolf Ward
Ego homini Lupus

Skyfaller
Clan 1st MechWarrior
Clan 1st MechWarrior

Post by Skyfaller »

For MW2:31stCC, a Jenner will carry me through the first missions. It's fast and it can torso-twist, in contrast to Ral Partha's mini, whose legs connect to the torso without hips. Next step is a Mad Dog. I pack it with ERMLas, double heat sinks and 360XL engine. That's what OmniMechs are for! When I need something heavier, I usually skip directly to the Warhammer. It really does look nasty.

For GBL, I don't get far without the Grizzly and the Stone Rhino I wrestle from the SJ's claws. The Stone Rhino's large guns really strike fear into MW2's AI!
The underwater mission in GBL is one of my favourite Mech missions, together with the last GBL mission.

In Mercs, I try to advance through Jenner to Zeus at the earliest convenience. It's difficult to salvage the Atlas on Engadin, but I remember succeeding at it. Then, steal and salvage several Kodiaks, though I'm usually trying to outfit a complete Mad Dog. Failing that, I completely refit my Zeus with the latest tech. Yes, salvage really adds to Mercs, but it also slightly debalances the game because the game is easier.
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Post by Sir MMPD Radick »

Well, my answer is that my favorite mech could be described as any mech which i can win with. (all depends upon who I am facing):)
So, pretty much anything besides a Nova and Kitfox.

Alright, being serious..
Summoner for Mercs because MPLAS always wins in mercs and that mech has decent manueverability.

GBL/MechWarrior 2: My preference is my special C-1 Super Crow Mk2 which I obtained in a war with either from Silent Dragons or Taurian Concordant on mplayer.
My second preference is a c-4 TimberWolf created by KB-Konad.
James 3:5-10: My Reminder
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
npsbre

Post by npsbre »

Freeza Nova time!

Pepsi-Wolf
House Steiner Hauptmann
House Steiner Hauptmann

Post by Pepsi-Wolf »

Buck tooth mech...
Pepsi-Wolf Ward
Ego homini Lupus

mech2memories
House Steiner Corporal
House Steiner Corporal

Post by mech2memories »

well mech2 i would say maddog (even though i suck with him)
gbl (even though i havnt played that in YEARS) i would say is stonerhino. hes the bomb!
and mercs i think would b zeus. he just looked awesome!
Cyril
House Steiner Warrant Officer First Class
House Steiner Warrant Officer First Class

Post by Cyril »

tooo situational
Pepsi-Wolf
House Steiner Hauptmann
House Steiner Hauptmann

Post by Pepsi-Wolf »

Cyril wrote:tooo situational