Some Questions...

Post up anything you would like to talk about here.
evilperson86u
I.S. Baby

Some Questions...

Post by evilperson86u »

How come in mechwarrior 2 mercenaries, the dammage indicator shows a weird mech instead of the one your playing like mech 2? And when you install mech2 win95 it had the funny mech dmg indacator?
When you get your legs shot off, why do you fall on the ground in mech 2 merc, but in mech 2 you stay on one leg?
When I played in ghost bear the Atlas mech has 2 Lrg pulse, 3 med pulse, lrm20, gause rifle , ams, but in mercs its diffrent, the Atlas has funny sounded large lasers ( I don't know what kind, bu they sound funny) and diffrent weapon setup.
Basically what I am getting at is you take the stock Atlas from Ghost and have it, but you can't configure it in merc to a ghost atlas not enough tonnage.

Oh BTW Mech2demo has a bug, if you shoot anything that takes ammo, it shoots back at you. I have been killed because of the fact my ac10 blew a hole in my chest and killed myself with I was the Thor.
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Re: Some Questions...

Post by Sir MMPD Radick »

How come in mechwarrior 2 mercenaries, the dammage indicator shows a weird mech instead of the one your playing like mech 2? And when you install mech2 win95 it had the funny mech dmg indacator?
Honestly, I am not quite sure why they stuck to one symbol instead of one that actually resembles the mech you are in, that bothered me as well when i played mercs origionally.
I would guess, though I am probably way off the mark, that the developers of mercs thought having one symbol instead of multiple might be clearer as to following the damage... either that or they were lazy.. those are my only guesses.
When you get your legs shot off, why do you fall on the ground in mech 2 merc, but in mech 2 you stay on one leg?
I believe they added that to mercs as an enhancement for realism... as for why it was not in mech2, I think Repromancer would have the answer to that. :)
When I played in ghost bear the Atlas mech has 2 Lrg pulse, 3 med pulse, lrm20, gause rifle , ams, but in mercs its diffrent, the Atlas has funny sounded large lasers ( I don't know what kind, bu they sound funny) and diffrent weapon setup.
Basically what I am getting at is you take the stock Atlas from Ghost and have it, but you can't configure it in merc to a ghost atlas not enough tonnage.
Correct, because the weapons limits and the tonnages of the weapons are completely different from game to game.
Why they did not choose to use a Battletech config instead, I would suppose that it probably was done for balance, which is my assumption.
James 3:5-10: My Reminder
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
Pepsi-Wolf
House Steiner Hauptmann
House Steiner Hauptmann

Post by Pepsi-Wolf »

sounds like a question that repromancer can answer ;)
Pepsi-Wolf Ward
Ego homini Lupus

skyros
I.S. Mech Washer

Post by skyros »

I remember playing MW2 online and you could fall down after having your legs blown off. I think it was one of the patches.
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Post by Sir MMPD Radick »

really? If you can find that lemme know, i would be quite interested!
Are you sure that it was not titanium however?
James 3:5-10: My Reminder
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
skyros
I.S. Mech Washer

Post by skyros »

Im absolutely sure.

I started MW when mercs came out and loved it, then bought MW2. For whatever reason I only played MW2 online. I played mercs a few times but never liked the online as much. Im positive when your leg was blasted you fell down I practiced quite a lot using jj to be able to stand back up on one leg and continue battling.

When Titanium came out I bought it because I was having troubles playing because processors were getting too fast and I was having JJ issues. I never played it online.
Wetback
House Steiner Private
House Steiner Private

Post by Wetback »

skyros wrote:Im absolutely sure.
Funny, I recall being immobile, standing on one leg in game and torso twisting to take my last few shots at the enemy before someone blew off my other leg and I exploded. If the battle drifted away from your location, there was a long wait with nothing much to do except spam people in chat while waiting for the game to end. Self destructing gave the enemy a kill in the GC so you really didn't want to use that option in a non-regeneration game.

Not sure which patch but that was in both DOS and W95 up to some point. I thought it remained a constant. However, I recall playing Titanium netmech only once or twice so maybe in there?

-- Wet
MW2 Grand Council