Netmech Chat Announcement! - Read

Most up-to-date news for Netmech related events.
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Netmech Chat Announcement! - Read

Post by Sir MMPD Radick »

First off, thank you to all of you who have been showing up in Netmech Chat!
I have also enjoyed the great battles that we have had, and even the training sessions for those who are new.

Unfortuneatly, while all of this is great, there is a problem which seems to haunt Netmech Chat, moreso than Kali.
The problem is that I am the only one idleing in the lobby.

On first reaction, most of you probably are saying: "Yah, so what?"

Well, this is actually a big problem for the simple reason that a crowd attracts a crowd, and if there is no one to answer questions when someone comes in the lobby then the people seeking to play will leave! I am idling in the lobby 24/7, but I do have to sleep sometime. :)

It seems to be the average pattern that if a new person comes in the lobby and sees one person, they either automatically leave or wait a few minutes(Normally 1 minute) and leave.
I really believe that if there were more people idling in the Netmech Chat lobby we would see higher player turnout.
I am not asking that everyone that idles there be active, just to be there at least and check it if you happen to be on the computer.

So, now I leave it to everyone that reads this to decide whether this will grow or die.
Please reply to this with your thoughts etc.
James 3:5-10: My Reminder
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
Cyril
House Steiner Warrant Officer First Class
House Steiner Warrant Officer First Class

Re: Netmech Chat Announcement! - Read

Post by Cyril »

the problem i have with it, is that it dosent minimize to tray.
i have too much stuff up already on avrage that i dont want something else using taskbar real estate.

nor do i wanna have to install a tsr that eill minimize to to tray for me. again resources used are already high an yet another program running is not the ideal solution.
npsbre
House Steiner Sergeant Major

Post by npsbre »

No Linux client :P
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Post by Sir MMPD Radick »

Heh, try WINE :)
James 3:5-10: My Reminder
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
npsbre

Post by npsbre »

Shockingly, it does work with WINE, with no fiddling. The chat program I mean. Obviously not Netmech itself.

Edit: Make that "works" but "can't receive any messages." Oh well :)

Edit #2: 3/23 -- Suddenly works, haven't changed anything...