NETMECH MAP MOD BETA! - "Canyon of Heaven"

A section featuring all of Kell's projects and files.
Come and check it out!

Moderators: Skyfaller, Col.Kell

Col.Kell
House Steiner Archon
House Steiner Archon

NETMECH MAP MOD BETA! - "Canyon of Heaven"

Post by Col.Kell »

At long last, the first netmech map mod ever is nearing completion!

In this package is the beta stage for my first netmech map called "Canyon of Heaven". This is intended to be a low-grav space-type environment with floating asteroids everywhere. Be mindfull of your jumpjet fuel, as you will need it to keep from plumeting to your death below!

To install this, simply unzip this package to where the folder "ASTEROID_NETMECH_MAP" is in your MW2:31stCC installed directory. Next, just run the "MAP_BETA_INSTALL.BAT", and you should be set. Let me know if anything seems wrong, but it should be okay.
ASTEROID_MAP_BETA.zip
Install Package
(50.62 KiB) Downloaded 1045 times
Keep in mind it may not look like much. But this is a Beta. And since it is there is room for improvments before its finalized.

Let me hear your opinions!!!
MechWarrior 2: 31stCC
npsbre
House Steiner Sergeant Major
House Steiner Sergeant Major

Re: NETMECH MAP MOD BETA! - "Canyon of Heaven"

Post by npsbre »

An ambitious start to a new map, very nice. I assume I loaded it correctly (after the replacements, running with PROVSCN1 at the command line). PRJPP worked in WINE for me.

The AI mech(s) fired at the stationary "player" helicopter, then fell and shot at each other.
Attachments
mw2_005.png
mw2_005.png (11.73 KiB) Viewed 36613 times
mw2_001.png
mw2_001.png (6.85 KiB) Viewed 36613 times
Col.Kell
House Steiner Archon
House Steiner Archon

Post by Col.Kell »

Outstanding np. A helicopter... hehe :P

The AI down there is completely irrelevent, this mod is to just give people a chance to sample this map and give their opinions of change before it is complete. Again, let me know if you think anything could be added, removed, or changed. Hope you like it so far!

(yes you did load it correctly)
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Post by Sir MMPD Radick »

so, this is not a netmech map? :(
James 3:5-10: My Reminder
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
PEN-Stealth
House Steiner Private
House Steiner Private

Post by PEN-Stealth »

ummmmm kell. this isnt a netmech map. this is a mech2 map... netmech nas no mw2.prj
Col.Kell
House Steiner Archon
House Steiner Archon

Post by Col.Kell »

I know that. This is a BETA. I put it on the singleplayer game for more flexibility. But the real thing will be a netmech online map.

Almost forgot, I need to know the .PAL and .COL files to either the mission shown, or the Ice ship mission from Mercs to give it the space look. Otherwise, it will have to stick with the foggy red atmosphere.
Col.Kell
House Steiner Archon
House Steiner Archon

Post by Col.Kell »

Final call for Beta-stage suggestions. I will be finalizing the actual, online, Netmech map sometime before the week is over, and then I will post the mod.

(And FYI, this map mod will be replacing that one thick-red-sky FFA map with low-rolling hills.)
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Post by Sir MMPD Radick »

Is there any way you could replace setubal or Outer Volta because The Desert map is used frequently?
James 3:5-10: My Reminder
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
Cyril
House Steiner Warrant Officer First Class
House Steiner Warrant Officer First Class

Post by Cyril »

yes, i would much prefer those gone

but if you can't maybe a patch switchs?
Col.Kell
House Steiner Archon
House Steiner Archon

Post by Col.Kell »

Sir MMPD Radick wrote:Is there any way you could replace setubal or Outer Volta because The Desert map is used frequently?
Cyril wrote:yes, i would much prefer those gone
but if you can't maybe a patch switchs?
Good idea. I can probably satisfy both opinions by putting the FE FF tag in either Setubal or Outer Volta, so that the mod files are outside NET.PRJ and in the main Netmech directory. I could probably also FE FF the original mission files so players can switch if they wanted to.

I want to say this: I am so sick of not being a part of Netmech anymore. And more so I will not let you guys play my creation while I sit idle. No, not anymore. This time I will be online. I will play.
We should schedule a big release party or something. This could be a big piece of Netmech history! The first ever custom Netmech map ever........ :shock: