NETMECH MAP MOD BETA! - "Canyon of Heaven"

A section featuring all of Kell's projects and files.
Come and check it out!

Moderators: Skyfaller, Col.Kell

Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Re: NETMECH MAP MOD BETA! - "Canyon of Heaven"

Post by Sir MMPD Radick »

Awesome thanks!
And yes I agree you should join us online more often! :)

As for it being the first online netmech mission that is not true really i am afraid you were beaten to that punch a very long time ago.
1999 to be exact was the first netmech map that was added.

However you are the first person to do it for netmech DOS! :D
James 3:5-10: My Reminder
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
Col.Kell
House Steiner Archon
House Steiner Archon

Post by Col.Kell »

Sir MMPD Radick wrote:Awesome thanks!
your welcome. :) Just thinking that playing the same old maps for the last 15 years probably gets boring ;)
Sir MMPD Radick wrote:However you are the first person to do it for netmech DOS! :D
doing actualy. Not done yet. :P Still have to convert all the OBJ tags for netmech play and find a suitible color pallete. I am so excited!
MechWarrior 2: 31stCC
PROX
House Steiner Private
House Steiner Private

Post by PROX »

Apologies for the necrobumping, but is this still being worked on/completed?
Cyril
House Steiner Warrant Officer First Class
House Steiner Warrant Officer First Class

Post by Cyril »

if i remember correctly, the mod was "successful" in that it made a map for netmech. but the map was not success because it was hard to play with more rolling hills than the hill map already in the game, and no place for cover.
PROX
House Steiner Private
House Steiner Private

Post by PROX »

Cyril wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:31 am if i remember correctly, the mod was "successful" in that it made a map for netmech. but the map was not success because it was hard to play with more rolling hills than the hill map already in the game, and no place for cover.
So, essentially a MercNet map.. got it.
x_Maerlyn_x
I.S. Baby

Post by x_Maerlyn_x »

A little something for you to try instead:

Netmech 2
http://navalpha.net/netmech2/

Netmech2 Patch ver 1.05 -
Changes the Minefield (Outer Volta) mission into The Blooding (Sudeten) mission from the single player version of MW2

Netmech2 Patch ver 1.041 -
Changes the Rolling Hills (Yamarovka) mission into the Domed City (Morges) mission from the single player version of MW2. Newer version! (ver. 1.041 adds the correct voice briefing in the mission, i.e. "Morges" instead of "Yamarovka")

Netmech2 Patch ver 1.03 -
Adds BattleMaster and changes the Grav to standard on the Maze (Kufstein) and the Forest (Galuzza) maps

Enjoy!
PROX
House Steiner Private
House Steiner Private

Post by PROX »

HOW LONG HAS THIS BEEN A THING!? lol I'll give it a shot and see how well it works.
EDIT: nvm, it doesn't work on DOS. Is there a version of this for DOS as well?
x_Maerlyn_x
I.S. Baby

Post by x_Maerlyn_x »

PROX wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:53 pm HOW LONG HAS THIS BEEN A THING!? lol I'll give it a shot and see how well it works.
That was created back in 1999 and 2000, last big days of M-Player... Did a few patches for Titanium Netmech as well.

If I dig around I can fine the gravity patch for the Maze (Kufstein) and the Forest (Galuzza) maps for DOS Netmech.

The DOS version has a much smaller PRJ file (NET.PRJ). Unfortunately it doesn't have all of the assets that are in the single player PRJ file (MW2.PRJ). The Win95 and Titanium versions shared the PRJ file with the single player version, so patching those version was much more feasible. The DOS version has the unfinished "Mine Shaft" map, but it had many issues, hence why it was left incomplete.

The GBL PRJ file had some Netmech assets as well, and another unfinished map, "Mech Soccer". Word was the Dev team was working on a GBL version of Netmech but didn't have time to complete it. Did a little hacking of that and was able to drop into it with Win95 Netmech. Due to how some of the asset indexes were hard coded into the game engine, it made for some interesting visuals especially with the weapons fire.

If there was more time in the world, it would be fun to go back and hack this again. Figuring out where the hard coded index references are in the engine would be a huge step. With that one could use any PRJ file or even a recompiled/reconstructed PRJ file to play in the 1024x768 glory of old. :-)
PROX
House Steiner Private
House Steiner Private

Post by PROX »

x_Maerlyn_x wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:59 pm
PROX wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:53 pm HOW LONG HAS THIS BEEN A THING!? lol I'll give it a shot and see how well it works.
That was created back in 1999 and 2000, last big days of M-Player... Did a few patches for Titanium Netmech as well.

If I dig around I can fine the gravity patch for the Maze (Kufstein) and the Forest (Galuzza) maps for DOS Netmech.

The DOS version has a much smaller PRJ file (NET.PRJ). Unfortunately it doesn't have all of the assets that are in the single player PRJ file (MW2.PRJ). The Win95 and Titanium versions shared the PRJ file with the single player version, so patching those version was much more feasible. The DOS version has the unfinished "Mine Shaft" map, but it had many issues, hence why it was left incomplete.

The GBL PRJ file had some Netmech assets as well, and another unfinished map, "Mech Soccer". Word was the Dev team was working on a GBL version of Netmech but didn't have time to complete it. Did a little hacking of that and was able to drop into it with Win95 Netmech. Due to how some of the asset indexes were hard coded into the game engine, it made for some interesting visuals especially with the weapons fire.

If there was more time in the world, it would be fun to go back and hack this again. Figuring out where the hard coded index references are in the engine would be a huge step. With that one could use any PRJ file or even a recompiled/reconstructed PRJ file to play in the 1024x768 glory of old. :-)
if you're trying to fish out patch 1, it's already a thing on this forum topic viewtopic.php?f=18&t=272
It would be cool to convert them to DOS, but from what you're saying, there doesn't seem to be enough assets to get the stuff to work properly. We do have mineshaft, but the most up to date version that has been found recently is the version where the bottom half of the map is submerged underground.