Custom World - Now Make Skirmish Environments of Your Own!

A section featuring all of Kell's projects and files.
Come and check it out!

Moderators: Skyfaller, Col.Kell

Col.Kell
House Steiner Archon
House Steiner Archon

Re: Custom World - Now Make Skirmish Environments of Your Own!

Post by Col.Kell »

Cyril wrote:for team maps, have the spawn change each spawn, but still stay in a relatively same area
:?: I thought they already did that in netmech team games. Who knows, I'm never there :roll: ...

As far as I know FFAs go, when you start a game, each player is assigned with one of 8 spawning locations (depending if you are player 1, 2, 3, and so fourth). After the game launches, you stick with that spot I believe.
But the thing if you had high-alltitude spawn points, is you could use your jets to move around the map while you're still falling. BTW, I am working on netmech map mods. Right now I am finishing the ARE1.BWD file of a map where you fight in an asteroid field! :mrgreen:
MechWarrior 2: 31stCC
Skyfaller
Clan 1st MechWarrior
Clan 1st MechWarrior

Post by Skyfaller »

Col.Kell wrote:I am working on netmech map mods. Right now I am finishing the ARE1.BWD file of a map where you fight in an asteroid field! :mrgreen:
Very interesting. To me, it would seem difficult to get this done right, because in an asteroid field, you would only have gravity if you were near a planet. I think that would make moving about difficult, because even aerotechs are limited in movement in MW2. Well, surprise us, and good luck!
Col.Kell
House Steiner Archon
House Steiner Archon

Post by Col.Kell »

Skyfaller wrote:good luck!
Thanks. The ARE1 file is done now. All I have to work on next is the briefing screen (real easy), and the spawning points. Which will be hard; How do you pinpoint 8 mech spawning points on 8 different asteroids that are suspended about 700 meters above the ground? :? (for gravitys sake I will say that this is an asteroid field just above the ToG moon Kanowit)
Skyfaller
Clan 1st MechWarrior
Clan 1st MechWarrior

Post by Skyfaller »

A problem: gravity affects all objects in the same manner, so if a mech is pulled down, the asteroids are pulled down in the same manner. In an asteroid field, you have microgravity, and any step would push a Mech away from the ground. You can still make the idea work: in the iceship missions of Mercs, I think the Mechs were fitted with "downthrust" boosters to keep them on the iceship. So your asteroid belt can be around a sun or a planet, but at distance where centripetal force equals gravitational pull. Long story short: just write that the mechs were fitted with downthrusters and put your asteroid belt wherever you want it to be.
Col.Kell
House Steiner Archon
House Steiner Archon

Post by Col.Kell »

Leave it to a German to lecture you with science (j/k ;) )

I never took into acount the asteriod gravity thing. That would seem fake. I should say they were fit with downthrusters to keep it real. My only option is to make it look like the asteroids are above Kanowit. I would like to make it look like "space" like the iceship mission, but I don't know what .COL and PAL1 file that mission used, So I'm in a bind. (Netmech doesn't have Kanowit's .COL file, I need to know what it is if I can't get Mercs .COL file)

BTW, I do plan on making a more... "down to earth" custom Netmech mission. Possibly with rock, trees, fire, and mech wreckage since NET.PRJ has all that.
Echo911
I.S. Mech Washer

Post by Echo911 »

look cool