KAM Plus - An Explosion of Six New Mechs!

A section featuring all of Kell's projects and files.
Come and check it out!

Moderators: Skyfaller, Col.Kell

What is your favorite KAM Plus mech?

You may select 1 option

View results

Col.Kell
House Steiner Archon
House Steiner Archon

KAM Plus - An Explosion of Six New Mechs!

Post by Col.Kell »

After time, and thanks to quota4stupid, I was finaly able to solve the problem that hindered me making new mechs; negative xyz-coordinate values. And so equiped with that knowlege, I give you these six new mechs!
  • The Auger (awe-gur), a 65 ton missle-boat, equiped with 2 LRM-20s, 2 LRM-15s, 2, SSRM-6s, and 3 Mlasers. A very devistating long-range mech with a punch to spare at close-quarters too.
  • The Boro (bor-oh), an 85 ton cannonier, probably my favorite because it looks like a REAL mech. It is loaded with 4 uAC-2s with much ammo, 2 LRM 10s and a couple of Mplasers. Best for gnashing through armor with its far range autocannons.
  • The Correr (kor-rare) is a swift 20 ton light mech, with a single large laser and 2 mlasers. Functions just about the same way a firemoth would, with the exception of the appearance and energy weapon loadout.
  • The Sirus (Sigh-russ). Its shape, uac 10, lplaser, mplaser, and 4 mlasers make it familiar to IS mechs in Mercs of its weight.
  • The Morbit is a 70 ton mech with many medium and a couple of large lasers, and an LRM. I don't quite remember the load out much.
  • The Ghast. An excelent 45 ton mech. equiped with 4 jump jets, 2 lplasers, 2 mplasers, and a splaser, and enough heatsinks to sustain it, this medium mech is extremly powerful for its size. Especialy when they are in a group. Only negative is that 78-85 kmph is a bit slow for its wieght.

If you have downloaded KAM before, you already know how to install this. If you haven't, no prob; the simple, revised instructions are included in the .zip. So what are you waiting for? You can't possibly be playing with only two custom mechs forever! Get to it and download it now! :)
KAM_PLUS_INSTALL.zip
Kell's Alternate Mechs Plus - install package
(193.15 KiB) Downloaded 1190 times
Questions? Comments? You can PM me (use first) or email me at kell916@gmail.com. And just remember, you will have to manualy rename the ground vehicle BWDs to use them. Everything else is fully automated with the click of the batch file. Have fun!
MechWarrior 2: 31stCC
Slavick Kell
House Steiner Private
House Steiner Private

Re: KAM Plus - An Explosion of Six New Mechs!

Post by Slavick Kell »

oooh nice. its about time there were some new mechs. ;)

I vote for the ghast. It looks sneeky and up to something :P
Skyfaller
Clan 1st MechWarrior
Clan 1st MechWarrior

Post by Skyfaller »

Great work. You seem to do these things with routine by now.

Your Correr looks much like a Fenris (Sarna's article, my own WIP). I might be mistaken, but the legs seem to be stuck inside the torso. Does this mech have a hip yet? Do you know how to change these things?

Another mech you might be able to make is the Mist Lynx at 25 tons. It is very similar to a Firemoth except that it has arms that look similar to a Kit Fox.

It's time to give you some new toys. I will see if I find the time to complete the WTB creator using quota's header description. I hope that will allow us to add Viper and Kingfisher to NetMech. These mechs will fill holes in tonnage, because as of yet, no mechs of 40 and 90 tons are available in NetMech.
NotSid
House Steiner Private
House Steiner Private

Post by NotSid »

They look... wrong... somehow...

What do you get when you cross a Marauder with a Summoner? SOMETHING REALLY WEIRD LOOKING!
Skyfaller
Clan 1st MechWarrior
Clan 1st MechWarrior

Post by Skyfaller »

NotSid wrote:What do you get when you cross a Marauder with a Summoner? SOMETHING REALLY WEIRD LOOKING!
The Sirus may look weird, but IMHO the Cestus actually looks similar:
http://sarna.net/wiki/Cestus
Col.Kell
House Steiner Archon
House Steiner Archon

Post by Col.Kell »

Skyfaller wrote:Great work. You seem to do these things with routine by now.
Thanks. Its real simple now that I know how to put in negative integers. I would make a video tutorial, but I don't know what to use to do that :P
Skyfaller wrote:I might be mistaken, but the legs seem to be stuck inside the torso. Does this mech have a hip yet? Do you know how to change these things?
Its actualy when that mech twists a certain way, they only appear to be stuck when the mech is in full stride. A better hip though I did forget about. :oops:
Skyfaller wrote:It's time to give you some new toys. I will see if I find the time to complete the WTB creator
:D yay I love new toys. Even if the mech-mod creating part is simpe, the number of shapes is limited. So, yeah. That would be nice.
NotSid wrote:They look... wrong... somehow...

What do you get when you cross a Marauder with a Summoner? SOMETHING REALLY WEIRD LOOKING!
"They"? I will agree with you when you say the Sirus looks wierd, but the others like the Boro, Auger or Ghast look nice IMO. Have you downloaded them yet?
Skyfaller
Clan 1st MechWarrior
Clan 1st MechWarrior

Post by Skyfaller »

I have to admit that I was slightly irritated at the Plus in the part of this KAM version, but it is not an addon to KAM 1.2, because the older mechs and vehicles are included.
Col.Kell
House Steiner Archon
House Steiner Archon

Post by Col.Kell »

I just thought version numbers are stupid :P so I named it "Plus" instead of "1.3". The Plus came to mind because I made so many more mechs. But, I guess I might not do that again. :roll:
Demonslayer
House Steiner Private First Class
House Steiner Private First Class

Post by Demonslayer »

can you please make a video tutorial of it because im completely clueless
Skyfaller
Clan 1st MechWarrior
Clan 1st MechWarrior

Post by Skyfaller »

Editing mechs in MW2 is hard work. It involves arcane tools such as 3D modelers, hex editors, batch files and command line tools such as PRJPP. As the audience is rather limited, and editing mechs is something that can take a day or more, it is nothing that would fit into a brief video.

If you want to do something, start a new thread, pick a mech, pick a version of MW2 you want to mod, and then we can start talking about the process. I know it all sounds rather boring, but we are talking about difficult stuff and lots of work.