KAM 1.2 - Fully automated batch files, new mech!

A section featuring all of Kell's projects and files.
Come and check it out!

Moderators: Skyfaller, Col.Kell

Col.Kell
House Steiner Archon
House Steiner Archon

KAM 1.2 - Fully automated batch files, new mech!

Post by Col.Kell »

KAM 1.2 obsolite. Please download KAM Plus for six more mechs here

Here is KAM 1.2, this mod alows you to play any mech, vehicle, or aircraft in MW2: 31stCC. Improved with this version:
  • Fully automated batch files to rename BWDs and extract proper MEK files. Simply a double-click away for another chassis! Thanks to Skyfaller for that! :)
  • Added a new mech, the Kantus; a 70ton Clan mech with a maddog body, timberwolf legs, warhammer arms, and animates like a direwolf. Not a real battletech mech, but doesn't make it any less sweet to kill in!
KAM1.2_INSTALL.zip
Kell's Alternate Mechs 1.2 Install Package
(171.58 KiB) Downloaded 883 times
For those of you who have installed KAM before, you already know how this works. If you haven't downloaded this before, just follow the instructions in the readme and you'll be playing this in no time.

If you need to know more about KAM, or are just wondering, please view the KAM FAQ for the latest info.

Have fun! :)
MechWarrior 2: 31stCC
Benjyp
I.S. Baby

Re: KAM 1.2 - Fully automated batch files, new mech!

Post by Benjyp »

Whenever i try to launch a mission i get an "error opening bwd file kam_user.bwd id -2," any idea what thats about?
Col.Kell
House Steiner Archon
House Steiner Archon

Post by Col.Kell »

Great to see you made it to our site Benjyp :) And thanks for taking the time to report this. I never heard anything regarding this error before. But I have a few questions:
  • Is there a file called "KAM_USER.BWD" in the folder where you installed MechWarrior 2? That is NEEDED for the mod to work.
  • Which/what missions are you playing in KAM? Is it just one or any of them?
  • Are you playing the Windows or MS-DOS version? If you are playing under DOS, are you using any vehicles or aircraft? (except for the cop car) those won't work on DOS :(
Thanks again for taking the time to try this. I plan on having an extra 5 new KAM mechs out by this weekend. So stick around 8-)
Benjyp
I.S. Baby

Post by Benjyp »

I must say i am very happy I found this site also, though the problem was occurring with every mission, i had mistakingly put kam_user.bwd in the kam folder as opposed to the Mech2 folder. I just tried it out and I almost peed my pants, thats pretty awesome. I think my installation is somewhat unique in that i actually downloaded Microsoft Virtual Machine 2007, installed windows 98SE and then installed Mechwarrior on that but so fat i haven't run into any issues. I read the readme several times and i am pretty sure it does not mention anywhere that kam_user. bwd needs to placed in the mech2 folder but I'm not positive. Aside from that this is absolutely awesome, keep up the good work :D
Col.Kell
House Steiner Archon
House Steiner Archon

Post by Col.Kell »

Benjyp wrote:I just tried it out and I almost peed my pants, thats pretty awesome.
:shock: Well... I assume that this is positive feedback :lol: Seriously though, I'll have KAM 1.3 come out by Saturday. We'll see how much you can hold in then ;)
Humor aside, we are a small, very friendly forum. I'm what many here see as the resident modder on this site. Try out some of my other mods such as my custom Trial of Grievance missions (a flaming forrest, or a foggy crystaline field)! If you have Ghost Bear's Legacy, I would encourage you to download a copy of RWB (Refusal War Backstory missions), which have 3 custom taylored campaign missions with Falcons and Kell Hounds. If you have any sort of mod in mind, feel free to discuss it. I'd be glad to try something new :mrgreen:
Benjyp
I.S. Baby

Post by Benjyp »

My only request would be to add these vehicles into the in-game lab, however I'm sure if that was easily done you would have done it already. I noticed some of the vehicles would actually hit themselves when i fired but I'm not sure if this is part of the processor issue or just the weapon placement as it relates to the size of the vehicle. Oh ya and the dropship batch file looks for a "dropa" file but you can get around this by simply changing "drop" to "dropa." I really love everything I've found on this forum, this mod in particular, again, glad i found it!
Col.Kell
House Steiner Archon
House Steiner Archon

Post by Col.Kell »

Hmm... I never thought of the in-game-lab thing. But I am mainly the guy who mods the PRJ, not the Shell. I am learning a little bit, but I'd like to do something like that. Hopefully if I can figure things out I can add KAM chassis selection into the shell. Thanks for the input :)

It may be that your processor is too fast or something. I never noticed any of the vehicles shooting themselves. You could try getting CPU-Grab in the downloads section and running it before starting a new game. That also helps jumpjets recharge faster.

Again, thanks for noticing. I'll have that fixed when I release 1.3.

BTW, did you get to try any other mods? :)
Col.Kell
House Steiner Archon
House Steiner Archon

Post by Col.Kell »

Quick notice; I'm gonna be busy all weekend. I have a Warbird Fly-in at Lebonnan TN with our CAP unit, and then I have the ACT test Sunday :(

I'll be set back on 1.3 by a couple of days.
Skyfaller
Clan 1st MechWarrior
Clan 1st MechWarrior

Post by Skyfaller »

Good luck, Kell!
Col.Kell
House Steiner Archon
House Steiner Archon

Post by Col.Kell »

Skyfaller wrote:Good luck, Kell!
Thanks. The 12 hours of standing in the sun on the tarmac is over, now I've just gotta do the test which will alot what type of college I can get into. Its 5:14am here, I got to be in Huntsville by 7:00. >_<