KAM 1.1 - New Version, New Chassis, Fixed AI!

A section featuring all of Kell's projects and files.
Come and check it out!

Moderators: Skyfaller, Col.Kell

Col.Kell
House Steiner Archon
House Steiner Archon

KAM 1.1 - New Version, New Chassis, Fixed AI!

Post by Col.Kell »

I got to working on a new version of Kell's Alternate Mechs, in this new version contains significant fixes:
  • Fixed AI - the bots in the game now function as they normaly would.
  • Play them all - Includes the Talios mech, Battlemaster, Elemental, Tarantula, all aircrafts in the game, and all vehicles in the game.
  • Do-it-all batch file - just double-click "KAM_1.1_INSTALL", and it's all there and ready.
For those of you who never downloaded KAM 1.0, this mod enables you to play the campaign using any chassis you want. Mech, aircraft, or vehicle. Ever wanted to fly the aerotech in your missions? Now you can! Ever wanted to kick mech butt in a Battlemaster? Go ahead! :)
KAM1_1.zip
Kell's Alternate Mechs 1.1
(106.27 KiB) Downloaded 1415 times
All you have to do, is unzip the folder KAM_1.1_INSTALL into your main MW2:31stCC installed directory. After you do that, just run the .bat file and you're done!
This install .bat is assuming your install directory is named "MECH2", if it's not, you can either edit the .bat file or rename your directory "MECH2".
If you have any questions or comments, do not hesitate to either post a thread in Kell's Workshop, or Private Message me. I'll help.

Have fun!
MechWarrior 2: 31stCC
Skyfaller
Clan 1st MechWarrior
Clan 1st MechWarrior

Re: KAM 1.1 - New Version, New Chassis, Fixed AI!

Post by Skyfaller »

Good work, I successfully tested the Tarantula and Battlemaster. The AeroTech unfortunately crashed my game. Do I need a specific MW2:31stCC version or patch?

Anyway, I attached a few batches to ease handling the mechs and vehicles.

@Kell: feel free to include the batch files in a later version of KAM.
Attachments
KAM-Batches.zip
Please extract these files to your KAM or KAM1.1_INSTALL folder
(674 Bytes) Downloaded 1304 times
Col.Kell
House Steiner Archon
House Steiner Archon

Post by Col.Kell »

I assume you are attempting to get the file "AERO.BWD" in the KAM folder to work? Correct?
In which case will give you an aerotech that will look like this:

Are you using the DOS or Win'95 version of 31stCC? Because I have been doing all my mods under windows, and they seem to work fine on there. If this seems to be a DOS/Win related problem, I'm going to be testing all my future mods under BOTH DOS and Windows from now on.

But thanks for making this batch file package, Sky! Thoughts on it shortly. :)
Col.Kell
House Steiner Archon
House Steiner Archon

Post by Col.Kell »

I got to trying your batched-based mech switching today, real nice! :)
Though I would like to make at least one more custom mech before making a new version of KAM, after all, it is called Kell's Alternate Mechs, not Kell's Alternate MECH. I need something other than just the Talios. ;)
Perhaps the Sniper would work well...
wolfcub
I.S. Baby

Post by wolfcub »

I went through and tested it all, I was using the Dos version running Dosbox the data was from the disk that comes with the 3d Sidewinder Joystick, that claims to be the pentium edition. I found that only things that are mech-like work. I succesfully got the Tailos, Battlemaster, Tarantula, Elemental, Hellbringer MK2 (looks like a whammy to me), and for some reason, the Cop Car! Yes, I know, a copcar touting the loadout of a 100t Tailos. Scary thought! Feel free to ask me more Q's if you have any.
Col.Kell
House Steiner Archon
House Steiner Archon

Post by Col.Kell »

Thank you for your question wolfcub,
KAM was intended for use under the Windows 95 version. For some strange reason, I have recieved reports from Skyfaller that the aerotechs and some vehicles were not working under the DOS version of 31stCC. I can't quite say what it is exactly, I am strongly convinced this has something to do with the differences in the DOS and Windows sim engine. But I do have a couple of questions for you;
  • Do you have the Windows 95 version of 31stCC?
  • Word for word (or a screenshot), what error message were you getting when you tried to play the vehicles?
Again, thank you for taking the time to report this. I have the DOS version of 31stCC but have neglected to use it... I'll get right to it and see what the problem is. Thanks wolfcub.

One more question, what did you think of the Talios? That consumed a whole Saturday of mine. :)
Last edited by Col.Kell on Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Clarification between Windows and DOS confliction.
wolfcub
I.S. Baby

Post by wolfcub »

I'll get right on trying to get the Windows version, I have it...but...I don't know how much it likes Vista 64bit. :? Maybe MMPD could help me get it workin. I can get u a combination of error messages. Most resort to being either Memory access errors or that it can't access codes. I'll get you more info soon.
Col.Kell
House Steiner Archon
House Steiner Archon

Post by Col.Kell »

:? Strange, I have tested it out on DOS mode... I don't know what the problem could be... the only weird thing I saw was this:
MW20000.PNG
MW20000.PNG (7.33 KiB) Viewed 26042 times
On my part, I have tried coming up with some sollutions. One is opening a DOS command prompt window, and typing in:

Code: Select all

mw2 browscn1.bwd
BROWSCN1.zip
(1.55 KiB) Downloaded 1342 times
try downloading this .zip file, and extract the file BROWSCN1.BWD into your 31stCC main directory, then opening a command prompt window in your main 31stCC directory, type in the above command.

...or, if that doesn't work, you could try these altered aircraft and tank chassis and see if they will do.
DOS_KAM_TESTS.zip
(2.74 KiB) Downloaded 1331 times
Just unzip those files to your KAM folder and rename one of them USER.BWD, then just start the game as you attemped before.

Skyfaller, you were in wolfcub's situation, do you have any ideas or info that could help?
Col.Kell
House Steiner Archon
House Steiner Archon

Post by Col.Kell »

Hey, who has been downloading the above attachments without me knowing? :P If its you DOS players please tell me your testing of them so I know how they are working.
Havokq3
House Steiner Corporal
House Steiner Corporal

Post by Havokq3 »

I extracted the KAM1.1 archive to my MECH2 directory, ran the batch(in DOS), and renamed the Battlemaster's BWD file to 'USER.BWD'. However, when I started, this mech was not available in the mech lab or in-game. Did I do something wrong?

EDIT:

Ok, I got it to work(sort of). I accessed the MECH2 directory in DosZip and entered the following command: 'mech2 USER.BWD'. The game started started in a Trial of Grievance, though the screen was entirely black. Am I still doing it wrong?
The year is 2015. For a Mail Officer, LIFE is WAR, and DEATH is the only true peace.