Col.Kell's Trial of Grievance Map Pack 1

A section featuring all of Kell's projects and files.
Come and check it out!

Moderators: Skyfaller, Col.Kell

On a scale from 0 to 5 stars, how would you describe the Map Pack?

You may select 1 option

View results

Col.Kell
House Steiner Archon
House Steiner Archon

Col.Kell's Trial of Grievance Map Pack 1

Post by Col.Kell »

Greetings!

As you may know from my "Build-a-Mech" and "Build-a-World" threads, I like modding.
But what had occured to me was I never got to share any of my creations with the world, I've only put them up on display for people to gaze at! :(

So, in some of my spare time, I've decided to mod some Trial of Grievance maps, and post the BWD files here in "packs" so people can play them.
So far, I have altered the ToG maps "Devin", "Kanowit" and "Graus".

Basicly these are ToG skirmish maps that have been modded to look like another planet in the MW2 series. The first one I modded was Kanowit, I altered it to look alot like the planet "Last Frontier" on Mercenaries where you try to steal the Kodiak.
Last Frontier, a modded version of Kanowit
Last Frontier, a modded version of Kanowit
Last Frontier.gif (11.02 KiB) Viewed 14624 times
I don't realy know how to add files to the PRJ yet, only replacing them, so there is no explosion file on this map.

The second one was Devin, I modded it to look like the Domed City on Morges:
Morges, a modded version of Devin
Morges, a modded version of Devin
Morges1.gif (23 KiB) Viewed 14624 times
Clearly, there are some differences in the combat style, the number of mechs is much larger. So, I removed only a few structures as to clear up some space for 3-3 combat.

The third one was Graus, I modded it to look like the Clan Wolf home world of Arc-Royal (sue me if I'm wrong xD)
Arc-Royal, a modded version of Graus
Arc-Royal, a modded version of Graus
Arc-Royal2.gif (12.11 KiB) Viewed 14624 times
Again, I don't know how to add files, so there isn't any scrounge file to texture the ground.

I've also added a surprise file, "COOLWLD1.BWD". Just like OBJ tags referance WTBs, the WLD1.BWD file seems to referance a "collection", so to speak, of mission BWDs. Well, by trial-and-error, I altered the BWD referance at offset 2 before the WLD1 name, and I got a whole different mission! I will not tell you a thing or give you a screenshot of this mission, because I want you to be shocked from the feel of it! :)
I will tell you however you will need jumpjets, and the skill to take on a Trinary + Binary of enemy mechs! :P

Here is the mission pack:
TOG_MP1.zip
Col.Kell's 31cc Trial of Grievance Map Pack 1
(9.79 KiB) Downloaded 962 times
Have fun! And let me know if there are any glitches.
MechWarrior 2: 31stCC
Col.Kell
House Steiner Archon
House Steiner Archon

Re: Col.Kell's Trial of Grievance Map Pack 1

Post by Col.Kell »

Working on Map Pack 2, currently I am making a Galluza/Wolcot style map. WITH FIRE! 8-)
Anyone have any sugestions for additional maps? I would love some input! :)
Skyfaller
Clan 1st MechWarrior
Clan 1st MechWarrior

Post by Skyfaller »

There has been some discussion on mech racing ... it would take a series of nav points, possibly difficult terrain like goat path. The first player to touch all nav points wins, and of course the area is a free firing zone ... unfortunately, this would require messing with mission objectives ...
Col.Kell
House Steiner Archon
House Steiner Archon

Post by Col.Kell »

Making some nav points are quite simple, you can just tell your map's xxxxWLD1.BWD file to INCL (include) a series of navs from any specific mission.
But yes, the hard part would be altering the mission objectives. Or, maybe a nav-reach-to-win mission could be striped down to just the mission objectives, and then rebuilt from there... hmm...
Col.Kell
House Steiner Archon
House Steiner Archon

Post by Col.Kell »

I've got a good thought of what could be a racing mission, you could use something like the Clan Wolf mission at the domed city on Morges, or you could use that NetMech rat maze. The mission objectives are the real challenge in making a mission like that though...
In other news, I'm discovering some interesting map BWD things, so far I've made just two real relevant descoveries. I made two stars of mechs awake instead of one and managed to add that campaign-planet-mission-drop computer voice thing on my first map that will be in Map Pack 2.
Col.Kell
House Steiner Archon
House Steiner Archon

Post by Col.Kell »

I have made what I think will be my last TOG map, I will release it in a second map pack.
Then I can get to work on maybe some netmech maps.