Grand Council/Registry ladders

Looking for an old friend? Maybe wanting to reminisce about the past history of MechWarrior or Battletech? Post on here!
Forum rules
No swearing, and keep everything clean!
Threads will be locked at admin discretion.
BSP-GC-Mota
I.S. Baby

Grand Council/Registry ladders

Post by BSP-GC-Mota »

Hi yall, just wanted to post a blurb saying hi to all those that played on kali in the grand council and registry ladders. I've already ran across a few people here I know, I was in Clan Blood Spirit in the grand council and Clan Black Sheep in the registry ladder. Damn those were the best times I ever had playing a multiplayer game online! I hope that the mechwarrior series reboot gets a publisher as we all know that it more then deserves it :) There's also a crysis mod being developed called mechwarrior legacy. I hope both of these games see the light of day, the more mech games the better!.

I idle on the IRC server if anyone wants to relive the old days or just chat, good to know the old schoolers are still around.

Mota
Clan Blood Spirit, Grand Council ladder - Khan
Clan Black Sheep. Registry ladder - saKhan
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Re: Grand Council/Registry ladders

Post by Sir MMPD Radick »

Well welcome Mota!
I am not from the GC or registry but i was an avid player back on mplayer, so I know what ya mean about this game having some of the best games period.

If ya need anything let me know I would be glad to help if I am able.
James 3:5-10: My Reminder
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
ARIES
I.S. Baby

Post by ARIES »

Hail Mota! I too played MW2 with Clan Blood Spirit on the Grand Council using Kali. Good times! I don't remember a lot of names, but I do remember Black Edwin, BE for short, boasting that he was 50 feet tall! MW2 was my first online game and I had a blast.

ARIES
EviLInsidE
I.S. Baby

Post by EviLInsidE »

Hail GC! At the end I was in Diamond Shark, but I can't remember under which of my many screennames. I do remember palling around with that lag-ass Verdic and Blondie from Nova Cat from time to time.
Wolf Ward
I.S. Baby

Post by Wolf Ward »

REALLY old thread...apart from the above post :) ...I just had to add to it!

I remember when NetMech was first released back in '95...was on a train for an hour to get to the store to buy it. Cost me a fortune on dial-up too once I got it working :roll: The GC league was my first and I think the best one (not that I am biased in any way :lol: ). I did a round robin of several clans, first one was Clan Wolf (obviously) then when inactivity started kicking in I switched to either Steel Vipers or Star Adders (forget which one I stayed in longer) and ended up as saKhan then my fourth and final one I stayed in the longest was Clan Ghost Bear under Crowfoot (of Dropship Command) before the GC was disolved. TkZ and another planetary conquest league was where I spent the remaining NetMech years in Kell Hounds before NetMech and Kali was dropped totally.

I really miss those days, especially C2 in the Alt-D Timber Wolf or C1 Stormcrow with 6 or 8 ERML - fun days :) :)
Dracoman
I.S. Baby

Post by Dracoman »

Old thread but figured I'd throw myself up here. I was in Clan Snow Raven in the Grand Council. Don't remember a lot of names anymore. They have all faded over time.
AlphaWizard
I.S. Baby

Post by AlphaWizard »

lol …. GC/TKZ/M3L … I was CO of NWH.... God was that really 20 years ago???? lol