Do people really hate the clans?

Looking for an old friend? Maybe wanting to reminisce about the past history of MechWarrior or Battletech? Post on here!
Forum rules
No swearing, and keep everything clean!
Threads will be locked at admin discretion.
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Re: Do people really hate the clans?

Post by Sir MMPD Radick »

Ah now it makes sense, that is why you are a Falcon, you like green! LOL
James 3:5-10: My Reminder
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
Pepsi-Wolf
House Steiner Hauptmann
House Steiner Hauptmann

Post by Pepsi-Wolf »

you gotta admit tho,

the union of Federated Suns and the Lyran Commonwealth was an epic move. I really wish they did stomp out the Capallean Confed...
Pepsi-Wolf Ward
Ego homini Lupus

Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Definitely, it was a great portion of the story there is no question.
I would love to see that story in movie form or at least turned into an animated series....
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
Pepsi-Wolf
House Steiner Hauptmann
House Steiner Hauptmann

Post by Pepsi-Wolf »

which story?

cause there was an animated series before :P
although it was clan invasion
Pepsi-Wolf Ward
Ego homini Lupus

Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Any, or especially the Gray Death Legion related ones.
Aiden Pryde
I.S. Mech Washer

Post by Aiden Pryde »

Crap, I'm still a newbie. Most of my knowledge centers around the clans themselves, though I just finished Wolves On The Border from 25-28 and that was fantastic. There are six Battletech audiobooks on iTunes if anyone's interested. None of them about the clans, though, I don't think. And hey, has anyone noticed, in both the Mech2 and GBL openings the Mechwarriors use contractions. They say I've and it's etc. Are clan warriors known to suddenly pick up contractions in pitched battle? Or am I the only one geeky enough to remember clanners aren't supposed to use contractions...
Cyril
House Steiner Warrant Officer First Class
House Steiner Warrant Officer First Class

Post by Cyril »

yeah i have noticed that.

the entire reason i got the mech games was because i was playing battletech at the time:P
and we were playing Mechwarrior,,,pen, paper and dice (tho using our own gaming system)
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Well, for the first MechWarrior 2 video they were not actually clanners.
Not a clan logo.
Not a clan logo.
logo.jpg (32.84 KiB) Viewed 14178 times
A better question I would think would be how did they get their hands on two clan mechs?
As for the GBL one Activision goofed. lol
Pepsi-Wolf
House Steiner Hauptmann
House Steiner Hauptmann

Post by Pepsi-Wolf »

Well MMPD,

I've explained my theory on that to you, in IRC chat, before about that unit logo and maybe now I can expand on it more here, so we can discuss it.

I guess there could be multiple theories on the mechwarrior 2 intro.

1.) Activision could have made the Intro before making the game in the Clan storyline
2.) Activision could have just made the movie like that cause they wanted to
3.) (this one I've discussed in chat before and I'm expanding more on it) That it is a clan unit mech. The mechwarriors involved (the ones talking) seem to be (at least one) cadets. Originally I had thought of the units involved (Alpha Assault, Bravo Cadet) to be from Smoke Jaguar. From doing some looking into some Clan Toumans from WarhawkPPC (http://ppc.warhawkenterprises.com/1.html), I found that Smoke Jaguar had 2 stars that had at least 1 Timber Wolf -- 1 Timber Wolf in Alpha Assault, and another Timber Wolf in Bravo Assault (http://ppc.warhawkenterprises.com/thecl ... ouman.html). This theory could only be proven by the developers, or if there was a unit logo gallery listed by clans/house units.
4.) Could have been a Clan Cadet Training Mission

Well, i thought I had more to say, but I guess not.
Discuss :D
Pepsi-Wolf Ward
Ego homini Lupus

Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

The logo though I am almost sure I have seen in mech4's logo selection....
Just bugs me because I know I have seen that logo somewhere else with regards to a mercenary or pirate group.