What Were The NetMech Clans Like?

Looking for an old friend? Maybe wanting to reminisce about the past history of MechWarrior or Battletech? Post on here!
Forum rules
No swearing, and keep everything clean!
Threads will be locked at admin discretion.
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Re: What Were The NetMech Clans Like?

Post by Sir MMPD Radick »

I really cannot say, I never was an active player of mercnet.
As for mercnet being alive... it is quite dead... except for the occasional game.

Hanson's Roughriders though, I do not know about the real clan, it was in Battletech.
James 3:5-10: My Reminder
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
npsbre
House Steiner Sergeant Major
House Steiner Sergeant Major

Post by npsbre »

I don't recall what I said, offhand, but I don't know entirely what that means ("closest option"?), so something's been garbled/miscommunicated.
Col.Kell
House Steiner Archon
House Steiner Archon

Post by Col.Kell »

I don't recall what I said
Or was that NotSid, whom also played MercNet? Sorry if I was getting things mixed up. :oops:

I guess it doesn't matter now. It was in the past, and the net clans are dead...
To be honest, I would rather play with this small ring of diehard NetMech matchmakers that always welcome others (including noobs :P ), than an overwhelming population that argued and bickered among themselves on every level. ;)
MechWarrior 2: 31stCC
Cyril
House Steiner Warrant Officer First Class
House Steiner Warrant Officer First Class

Post by Cyril »

the politics was defiantly the most fun for me
Col.Kell
House Steiner Archon
House Steiner Archon

Post by Col.Kell »

Now I know that you, Cyril, play Xbox Live? You know all the filth and trash-talk that goes on there. I enjoy this NetMech group, it's clean and friendly. It makes me want to keep coming back again and again. :)

well there is trash talk going on with us. and i think i have the drtiest mouth in the any of the old clans, or anyone presently playing. Though HERE i do my best to keep it clean i expect everyone else to do the same thing. I respect MMPD and his property. and he dosent want course language here, or anywhere. No on the other places that MMPD does not own. I say what i want. If the owner comes in and says stop. i would stop. but untill then i can say what i want in IRC, or Kali, etc.

now, in the IRC server and on kali i do try to tone it down. just out of respect for a few people that that don't like it. but i wont censure myself there.

for here. no one is perfect. and I aint gonna jump down your thraat the first, or problably even the 3ed time. but you will be contacted about it:P

stick around in IRC, you'll see me go on a cussing spree:P
Pepsi-Wolf
House Steiner Hauptmann
House Steiner Hauptmann

Post by Pepsi-Wolf »

Being a Khan was not an easy job -- not to downplay your enthusiasm with saying "..I'd be a great Khan.."

There were a lot of inexperienced people trying to start up their own clan, and would eventually fail.

I was in a small Clan once, Clan Blood Spirit. I joined because their were small, and I needed to re-tone my skills after leaving mplayer for 2+ months (again). I was a 1st or 2nd Mechwarrior in the clan, and I single handily kept the clan in the league (i think it was MNL) for another month. I was actively warring and generating enough honor points to keep the clan in the MNL. The next month the Khan finally logged in and changed my rank to Galaxy Commander (3rd command) unexpectedly. However by that time, I had already decided to move on. I took the saKhan to WW with me for a while, but I do not know what happened to him afterward.

It was really tough trying to get things to stay together for most clans. Eventually inactivity would plague even the most biggest of clans.
Pepsi-Wolf Ward
Ego homini Lupus

Col.Kell
House Steiner Archon
House Steiner Archon

Post by Col.Kell »

Inactivity? Everyone just vanished? Was it that clan netmech got too old and couldn't compete with some of these newer games? What happened?
Pepsi-Wolf
House Steiner Hauptmann
House Steiner Hauptmann

Post by Pepsi-Wolf »

well, a true video gamer will always have their legacy game they cling on to; sorta like how we cling to mech2. However, a true gamer will also move on into other games. Eventually technologies and games get better, and it draws them away from their legacy games.

Mech 3 drew activity away, and Eventually Mech 4. but there were also SOO many other games that came out that could have drawn people away from Mech 2. Half-Life series, Quake series, Warcraft, Starcraft, etc....

I'm a FPS gamer at heart. I love mech2 because it was the first game i started to play online with other people. Amazing groups of people.
Pepsi-Wolf Ward
Ego homini Lupus

Archon
House Liao Private for Life

Post by Archon »

Pepsi-Wolf wrote:A highly dysfunctional group of members who consistantly bickered at each other
the Khans of these clans all had to attend league meetings where they engaged in high level bickering, only to fuel long lasting blood feuds between their clans and other clans.
qft lol
Sugar Pryde
House Steiner Private First Class
House Steiner Private First Class

Post by Sugar Pryde »

Omg... I have to totally agree with Pepsi's definition of the league meetings. I'm still laughing my behind off about that description. :D

I remember going to the MNL meetings a few times, dysfunctional is putting it mildly. I don't know what ever caused the feud between KB and JW (probably purposely never paid attention to that because I had friends in JW), but if you stuck Konad and Aries or another JW in the same room... 9 times outa 10 there would be some sorta verbal war. Let alone having other clans in the mix.

I remember in the days of MW2 dieing out on Mplayer, a lot of us from KB started playing a lot of Starcraft. Though we would still dedicate time to MW2, but if we got tired of twiddling our thumbs because of a lack of battles to stir up, we'd hop on Battlenet. So you can blame Sky, Madder, and Switz for being the big participants to introducing my addition to Blizzard games, Pepsi. :P