Hi everyone. This is amazing.

Looking for an old friend? Maybe wanting to reminisce about the past history of MechWarrior or Battletech? Post on here!
Forum rules
No swearing, and keep everything clean!
Threads will be locked at admin discretion.
Pepsi-Wolf
House Steiner Hauptmann
House Steiner Hauptmann

Re: Hi everyone. This is amazing.

Post by Pepsi-Wolf »

i'm sure finding the right programmers, or even the original programmers, for mech2 wont be an easy task anyways
Pepsi-Wolf Ward
Ego homini Lupus

Col.Kell
House Steiner Archon
House Steiner Archon

Post by Col.Kell »

I actualy Googled up one of the programmers not too long ago; Bill Ferrer, he's still around and ticking, but he looks like he's 50 or so and has a short grey beard and mustache. He has a website and it appears he's more interested in geneology rather than programming. :?
MechWarrior 2: 31stCC
Skyfaller
Clan 1st MechWarrior
Clan 1st MechWarrior

Post by Skyfaller »

These are all important questions.

We have been in contact with Eric Repomancer and Dan Kegel. Both have offered advice on MW2.

I have contacted Activision regarding obtaining an offical license to the MW2 source code, but I have not received an answer. I'm making progress with accessing the MW2 file formats, but a few open problems remain: textures, videos, room definitions for the shell, and there were some problems remaining with the SFL sound files. I am confident that these problems can be overcome. Once they are solved, I can start recreating MW2 completely. I would prefer creating levels for MechVM to modding MW2, because if we would get there, it would be easier.

If MW5 would mean that I can't continue working on MechVM, then I don't want it. However, if MechVM reaches a point where this would be an option, I could imagine negotiating about commercial content with the copyright owners.
saracen16
I.S. Baby

Post by saracen16 »

At last! My collection is complete! Ghost Bear's Legacy finally arrived in the mail and am enjoying it more than I thought I would. I'm playing them on my VirtualPC, of course, but as I'm trying to get them on my DOSBOX on VISTA, my only issue is: when making the image, should I make a game disc and copy as if it were protected, or not?
Col.Kell
House Steiner Archon
House Steiner Archon

Post by Col.Kell »

Congrats! :)
But no, you just make a regular game disk copy. It's not protected or anything.
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Post by Sir MMPD Radick »

Well, it might not always work on non protected.. there does appear to be some protection (who knows) on mercenaries for many people... it does not work on non protected.
James 3:5-10: My Reminder
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
Col.Kell
House Steiner Archon
House Steiner Archon

Post by Col.Kell »

That's odd... I had no problem with my .IMG under non-protected.
CommanderHunter
I.S. Mech Washer

Post by CommanderHunter »

What in God’s name are you talking about? I’m what way does your comment have anything to do with this post, which for the record is 10 GOLDEN YEARS OLD!?