anyone here from Steel panthers?

Looking for an old friend? Maybe wanting to reminisce about the past history of MechWarrior or Battletech? Post on here!
Forum rules
No swearing, and keep everything clean!
Threads will be locked at admin discretion.
Omegazoid
I.S. Baby

Post by Omegazoid »

I used to be 'Omegazoid' or 'SP-Omegazoid (strange name, I know...not sure why I chose that) - fun fun days - was a Star Colonel
I think I was about 18 when I played...longgg time ago.

Still remember 'wireframe mode' and the rush I got playing this awesome game. Everything they released after the original MW2 sucked.

wonder if it's possible to somehow play MW2 online multiplayer now?? would be cool.
SP - Omegazoid
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Re: anyone here from Steel panthers?

Post by Sir MMPD Radick »

Heya Omegazoid,

sadly I haven't seen any SP members in years your probably the first one I have heard from since then.
With regards to multi, yeah it is, but it is hard to get a game going. Check the download section for the setup.
James 3:5-10: My Reminder
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
Monni
I.S. Baby

Post by Monni »

Oh hi there :O

I stumbled on to these forums trough a chain of google searches - I too am an old Steel Panther, tough I come from another era ;) I played MW:4 under SP-Mottdahoop on GSA and later on Zone. Tough Ive never met you before (I think?) I surely do remember MMPD's gorilla avatar from my MW:4 Jade Falcon days ;)

Hello both of yous :) And where is my pirate smiley?! And does anybody know what happened to the rest of GSA MW:4 falcons? Anyone else from those days?

- Monni
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

heya Monni, I do remember ya vaguely

Mott though I can never forget hehe :) He still is the leader of the house of Radick.
Good to hear from ya! :)

Now regarding JF, well Archon and I are always around in IRC. Come visit the netmech channel sometime! :)
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
Monni
I.S. Baby

Post by Monni »

I tought I saw Arky on the forums user list ;) I downloaded netmech, but you do need the actual game to play it online, quaif? Or does it come built in? I used to play MW2 on my first ever real computer (IBM 166 pentium!) and I think I tried to install the game on some computer in the past, but it ran a bit too fast. Have no clue where my CD is tough.

The reason I started remenissing is that MWO:mercs is "around the corner", tough I recon you fellas knew that aeons ago. Mech 4 is still the best game I ever played, so I am rather excited about this possible new stomping ground. Just tried to find some old faces ;) So far ive found you, arky and I recon Mohawk too, tough he havent replied yet (MWO forums) and I sort of wish I would run into old HH crew like Barret and Taz - and would be nice to hear from Mott too. Cypher and Smoke is still have my contacts with.

Im hopefull that the game will be a nice mix of arcade and simulation like mech 4 was, and the "information warfare"-bit sounds intriguing for an old Mechcommander player. Ive been lately playing alot of WoT as it really has some of the same magic MW:4 had. Im hoping MWO crew take some notes from those tank lovin ruskies ;)

Really nice to hear from ya!
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

no, actually netmech has been and always will be stand alone. just install the package and you could play online.
DrZombie
I.S. Baby

Post by DrZombie »

Hiya lads,

I don't even know if this forum is stil active, but it's hilarious to hear those names again.
Steel panthers; That was aaaaages ago.

I still run under the same monniker as always, DrZombie.

Guys, gimme a shout if you read this, because we really really need to play a game tgether when MWO comes out

m aartenku pperz@hotmail.com but replace the Z with an S

Cheers,

DrZ
Omegazoid
I.S. Baby

Post by Omegazoid »

Hey!

:lol: I completely forgot that I started this thread.
Nice to find some folks who remember Steel Panthers ;)

I used to play very close combat. TimberWolf was the mech choice, with lots of MED lasers and some Small ones. Jump jets on feet for strafing. I was a Star Colonel because my clan allowed Star Colonel's to have a 75ton mech (?) which was TimberWolf. I used to train cadets :D I was good at being able to stay afloat pretty long with my Jump jets. Half the fun was shooting where the other Mech WILL BE after the lag would catch up LOL :lol: ah those 56k days

I used to challenge this guy name....Ellis Dee??? something like that...who was way too good for my skill level but eventually I started to match his skill. I think we had a close battle one time and I dont know what the result of that was. I used to learn from quite a few people...I dont remember any screen names.

By the way, you can get the game online free now: http://www.myabandonware.com/game/mechw ... at-34i#Mac
I still have the CD (and still think that the music track is awesome)! I could probably use the CD to play but I'm on a Mac now.
SP - Omegazoid
SomeKid
I.S. Baby

Post by SomeKid »

I know I am resurrecting a thread, but I had a chance to return here and if anyone is still posting...

I think I was in SP on MPlayer for MechCommander. I think a guy named Buddha was in charge, but it has been 15 or 20 years so my memory may be off.