Titan Res File

MechVM - A MechWarrior 2 remake.

Moderator: Skyfaller

shatteredsteel
I.S. Baby

Titan Res File

Post by shatteredsteel »

Hello-
I found the MechVM package via google search and installed the game (Mech 2 Titanium Trilogy) from it to my Vista 32 bit OS and it works great. However, when I try running the _titanRes3 application included for unsupported resolutions I input my pixel count and the moment I hit the second value I get the error message "_titanres3.exe has stopped working"

I've tried running the application in admin mode and in all listed compatibility modes with same result. I've tried 800x600 and 1024x768 for the horizontal and vertical pixel value.

Anyone else encounter this and/or have a fix/workaround to suggest? Tried searching but no luck.

Thanks in advance,
Skyfaller
Clan 1st MechWarrior
Clan 1st MechWarrior

Re: Titan Res File

Post by Skyfaller »

_titanRes3.exe must be run from the directory where MW2:TT is installed. Did you do that?
shatteredsteel
I.S. Baby

Post by shatteredsteel »

Skyfaller wrote:_titanRes3.exe must be run from the directory where MW2:TT is installed. Did you do that?
Ah that got it, was running the one in the tools folder. Thanks!

Next issue though. Game looks and runs beautiful. Resolution took and I can run around and fire with no issues until I target something. Once I target something, however, it opens up a second "window" in the game. Hard to describe really via text but basically the original background can still be seen but there is now an overlayed window about 3/4ths size of the original. The mech in the original window stops moving while the one in the second window is active but the screen is cut off and everything starts leaving trails. Happens on my Vista 32 desktop and XP Pro laptop.

Definitely linked to the Res app. If I turn that off the game runs in 640x480.

Any ideas on that one?
Skyfaller
Clan 1st MechWarrior
Clan 1st MechWarrior

Post by Skyfaller »

You have to press F4 twice at the start of a mission to disable targetting.
shatteredsteel
I.S. Baby

Post by shatteredsteel »

You are the man! That was it thanks.

Now if I can just fix this joystick problem lol.