MechVM-2009-11-29

MechVM - A MechWarrior 2 remake.

Moderator: Skyfaller

Skyfaller
Clan 1st MechWarrior
Clan 1st MechWarrior

Re: MechVM-2009-11-29

Post by Skyfaller »

Terminus-Est wrote: I don't have Mercenaries; I only have MW2 (DOS).
Sorry. On my system, I needed to patch version 1.0 to 1.1 to get the game running in XP.
Terminus-Est wrote: Thanks for your continued help, it's greatly appreciated!
My pleasure.
Terminus-Est
I.S. Baby

Re: MechVM-2009-11-29

Post by Terminus-Est »

Hi there,

Just thought I'd post an update re: my situation w.r.t. using MechVM 2009-11-29 (in case it's of any help to you).

I was able to get around the No-CD issue by using a pair of files mentioned on the DOSBOX Forums

DOSBOX Forum: http://www.dosbox.com/comp_list.php?showID=643&letter=M

File link: (FILE REMOVED BY ADMIN NO CRACKS OR NO CD's!!)

I believe, based on another forum's posting (which I don't recall the address/name of at the moment) that these are simply the Hex Edited versions of MW2 and MECH2 exe's.

I was able to get MechVM to then work, but there was no intro movies or voice on the tutorial mission, nor was there any animations in the Clan Halls (and interestingly enough, even though it was a No-CD crack, I still needed the MW2 (Dos) disc in the drive to play the game).

I was able to fix this once I noticed the 'readmeXP' text file; I downloaded and installed VMDS (2.0.4 I think, as it had the "autoexec.vdms" that the readme mentions; the more recent VMDS version apparently did not) and SapuCDEx. I followed the instructions in the readme (as well as one I found on another forum - once I find it again I will repost the address here).

I then modified the _mw2-31stcc.bat file to include sapucdex.exe (after "dosdrv") and Saved it.

I then had to configure VMDS (as per the other walkthrough) and then ran MechVM.

I was able to get MW2 to now run; The opening movie ran (slightly stuttering and pixelated, but it ran). and I was able to access and run both Clan Halls and ToG.

I have also be able to play the game ( the resolution's not too great, but it's workable) will full sound, voice over and music. The only issue I have noticed is that sometimes PPCs fire (and contribute to the Mech's heat) but no animation appears/no hits are scored. It seems to be happening a third of the time.

Now the only question I have is whether or not there is any way I can somehow configure MW2 to recognise a Logitech Extreme 3d Pro Joystick? I can Fire and tilt up/down and torso twist, but as yet I can't map any of the auxiliary buttons or the Throttle to the game. Any ideas where I should look?

Also, I apologise for the less than complete report above - when I find that other forum site again that I used I will post the link for your perusal.

Thanks for the help, and I how that my experience is helping you developing the current MechVM build :)

=Terminus-Est=