What command lines have you discovered?

MechVM - A MechWarrior 2 remake.

Moderator: Skyfaller

Serlestain
I.S. Baby

What command lines have you discovered?

Post by Serlestain »

I'm very curious since this is something I got into waaaay back (I even managed to remember the password to get into the Team NXP stuff!). I was never able to pull netmechs command lines to figure out how to make a shell to invoke it. What have you discovered? I feel all giddy like a schoolgirl that so many people have been modding! Also have you had any luck trying to invoke GBL's multiplayer?

The GBL engine was the best of em and I use to dream of getting the multiplayer to work with it.

I could bug you all day with questions but if you can shed some light on those that would be awesome.
Skyfaller
Clan 1st MechWarrior
Clan 1st MechWarrior

Re: What command lines have you discovered?

Post by Skyfaller »

We have been experimenting with invoking NetMech over command line to the point where I am confident we can recreate the NetMech shell. I have a rudimentary NetMech shell running, but it's not really working yet since network support is missing. I think I'll finish the 31stCC and GBL shells first.

I made a little DOS tool that would display the call parameters instead of running the sim. I haven't looked at it in months, but by using the same command, MMPD and I were able to launch into NetMech without using NetMech shell.
Attachments
dosbox_000.png
dosbox_000.png (3.87 KiB) Viewed 4468 times