No music

MechVM - A MechWarrior 2 remake.

Moderator: Skyfaller

RL_Nice
House Steiner Private
House Steiner Private

No music

Post by RL_Nice »

I'm running Mechwarrior 2 off of MechVM and I'm not getting any music. The audio during the cutscenes are also missing as is the awesome computer startup voice at the beginning of each mission.

I could probably solve all these problems with the CD, but I've lost the CD and now all I have to run Mech2 with is an iso image. I also tried reassigning the virtual drive letter to A but to no avail.

Help? Or does MechVM not do music?
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Re: No music

Post by Sir MMPD Radick »

(I would suggest to go buy another copy off of ebay myself...)

is there a WAV folder on the ISO which you are using? if so that may be why.
Secondarily music does not usually work unless the drive is the lowest CD drive such as D.

Also it is very possible that the creator of the ISO stripped those things out.

You will need to specify which version you are using for more help than that, I believe.
James 3:5-10: My Reminder
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
RL_Nice
House Steiner Private
House Steiner Private

Re: No music

Post by RL_Nice »

I eventually decided to take the more low tech approach of downloading the OST and playing the music tracks on repeat in the back while running MechVM.

Figuring out which tracks to play is easy enough during the campaign missions, since the tracks are named after the missions. Haven't tried Instant Action yet.