MechVM - A MechWarrior 2 remake.

Moderator: Skyfaller

Col.Kell
House Steiner Archon
House Steiner Archon

MechVM algorithm problem.

Post by Col.Kell »

I have been meaning to tell you this, Skyfaller, but I have some bad news. :(

Do you remember the previous MechVM versions that were unable to properly view ATi graphics? And in the version before the 12-12-08 one, you were able to get that resolved?

Well, it turns out that both the two most recent versions of MechVM, they view many WTBs in a half regular, half ATi-distorted form. It looks a lot like the shapes are kinda covered in layers of ice; the dots that connect the polygon lines together are often twisted around and it distorts the view.

I much prefer a clean view of the regular geometry, rather than that ATi rage geometry that can't even be used. Can this be fixed? I'd like to see what objects I replace in whatever map.
MechWarrior 2: 31stCC
Skyfaller
Clan 1st MechWarrior
Clan 1st MechWarrior

Re: MechVM algorithm problem.

Post by Skyfaller »

Sorry to hear it doesn't work for you. I can see if I can fix it, but not before Tuesday.

I've just been scrolling through some of my PRJ's, most seem to render fine. There are some occasional glitches, admittedly, but these are rather scarce. Some of the WTB's are difficult to render correctly. If this happens to you regurlarly, please name the exact CD this PRJ comes from, post screenshots to show me what's wrong, and name the files that are displayed incorrectly.
Col.Kell
House Steiner Archon
House Steiner Archon

Re: MechVM algorithm problem.

Post by Col.Kell »

Sounds fine, I'll try and get you some screenshots and names.
MechWarrior 2: 31stCC