MechVM PRJ handling suggestion

MechVM - A MechWarrior 2 remake.

Moderator: Skyfaller

Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

MechVM PRJ handling suggestion

Post by Sir MMPD Radick »

This is a pretty minor suggestion, but every time I decide to work with MechVM I make one mistake over and over....
Let me explain..

When I open up MechVM usually it is to unpack or view the contents of a PRJ file, but I usually click "View MW2 File" before I click Unpack archive.
If I click "View MW2 File" first then I click unpack archive it refuses to unpack if i decide to select the same PRJ file.
It is no problem for me to reopen the program and click unpack archive, but it is rather annoying. I do not mean this to be a major complaint, just thought it should be known that there is a pitfall so to speak. :)

I would suggest if possible on the condition that this happens the program should close the archive and free the file lock or something to that effect so that does not happen.
(Discard this if a hastle, it really is not a big deal)
James 3:5-10: My Reminder
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
Skyfaller
Clan 1st MechWarrior
Clan 1st MechWarrior

Re: MechVM PRJ handling suggestion

Post by Skyfaller »

Thanks for reporting this. Doesn't sound like it woud be hard to fix.

It would be possible to add the unpack function to the context menu in the PRJ explorer. That way, you could explore the PRJ first, then decide whether to unpack the entire archive without having to select the archive again. How does that sound?
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

sounds like a great solution. :)
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
Skyfaller
Clan 1st MechWarrior
Clan 1st MechWarrior

Post by Skyfaller »

Fixed in MechVM-2008-11-27.
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Thanks!