win 7, win xp vm and mech vm.

MechVM - A MechWarrior 2 remake.

Moderator: Skyfaller

KhanHobbes
I.S. Baby

win 7, win xp vm and mech vm.

Post by KhanHobbes »

I have the win 95/dos version of mw2 31st cc. I can get it to launch via mechvm with the win 95 version but it will not play the missions. I then try to load it with the dos version, it seems to start dos box fires up the screen flickers but never leaves the desk top.

I am running win 7 ultimate 64, I plan on trying the win xp emulator for win 7, do you suppose I would have better luck that way? I really wish to get this running along with gbl win95, and mercs.

Thanks for all your hard work.
Skyfaller
Clan 1st MechWarrior
Clan 1st MechWarrior

Re: win 7, win xp vm and mech vm.

Post by Skyfaller »

Did you create a CD image for running DosBox? Do you launch DosBox via MechVM?
KhanHobbes
I.S. Baby

Post by KhanHobbes »

Yes and yes. When Mech VM asks to be pointed to the image I point it right to it. Does it need to be in a particular location, if so where?
Skyfaller
Clan 1st MechWarrior
Clan 1st MechWarrior

Post by Skyfaller »

I'll have to run some tests when I get home. It's been some time since I looked into this. It might help if you post your install-report.txt from the directory where MechVM installed the game. Also, did you install the game from the image or from CD? Installing from the CD image might be the safer method.
KhanHobbes
I.S. Baby

Post by KhanHobbes »

I have tried both ways, I am sure I am missing something. Is there a possibility of an auto loader in the future?? Or is that something that is impossible do to the multitude of versions of the game?
Skyfaller
Clan 1st MechWarrior
Clan 1st MechWarrior

Post by Skyfaller »

The Win95 versions in general are rather unstable. I asked you to upload the file install-report.txt from where MechVM installed the game. Also, what is an auto-loader supposed to do?

For installing from the CD image, under "Install", select "Install from CD image". After installation is complete, run the game by clicking "MW2: 31st Century Combat (DOS, DosBox)" and "Start Campaign" under "Play Game".
KhanHobbes
I.S. Baby

Post by KhanHobbes »

Sorry, I will get on it this weekend perhaps. Still recuperating from surgery.