Mercenaries help with MechVM

MechVM - A MechWarrior 2 remake.

Moderator: Skyfaller

read688
I.S. Baby
Location: Topeka, Kansas, USA, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Quadrant IV, Universe, Chuck Norris's Belly Button

Mercenaries help with MechVM

Post by read688 »

To sum it up: I own MECH2 and Mercenaries, I have been wanting to play them, and I have had success with MECH2 and MechVM. However when I try to install Mercenaries with MechVM it [MechVM] immediately freezes up. Any ideas on how to fix this? I don't know if you need to know my computers stats, but I'm on a Win7 64bit and MECH2 works fine on it.
Skyfaller
Clan 1st MechWarrior
Clan 1st MechWarrior

Re: Mercenaries help with MechVM

Post by Skyfaller »

Do you see any activity in the console window? What is the last message that is printed? What exactly do you mean by "freeze"? Never had this on Win7, Vista or XP.
read688
I.S. Baby
Location: Topeka, Kansas, USA, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Quadrant IV, Universe, Chuck Norris's Belly Button

Post by read688 »

Yeah, the box said in the last / only line of the installation "Installing MW2: Mercenaries <DOS>", like it did when installing MechWarrior 2 (except the name of the game was different). After that though, the program just froze. And I mean, it sat there for a few seconds, Windows put "(Not Responding)" at the end of the name, and it didn't do anything else. If it helps, Installing the other game went off without a hitch and as the program tries to run (while its frozen) the cd drive keeps revving then stopping.
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Post by Sir MMPD Radick »

Is the CD scratched? It might be the issue if it is
James 3:5-10: My Reminder
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
read688
I.S. Baby

Post by read688 »

No, I played it often on my old computer until I got this one recently and the old one broke. Ever since it broke, the CD has sat in it's case, except when I was trying to install it.
Skyfaller
Clan 1st MechWarrior
Clan 1st MechWarrior

Post by Skyfaller »

While installing files, MechVM may seem unresponsive. You simply have to give it the time that is needed for copying files. Anyway, you need to create a CD image. Installing will go quicker from the image. Using a CD image, it will probably take less than a minute to install MW2:Mercs.
read688
I.S. Baby

Post by read688 »

Yeah, I gave it about twenty minutes to work and nothing, and I have tried using an Image. However I found an alternate method to get Mercs to work by watching and examining how MechVM works on the other game I installed that did work.