I cannot install and import Mercs

MechVM - A MechWarrior 2 remake.

Moderator: Skyfaller

Rattler-1985
I.S. Mech Washer

I cannot install and import Mercs

Post by Rattler-1985 »

I have succeeded in getting MW2 to work, but mercs is not being cooperative. I put in the file name I want to install to and when I press install and import MechVM says it has ~4000000 mechs imported, but nothing shows up in the games folder of MechVM that I run MW2 out of.
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Re: I cannot install and import Mercs

Post by Sir MMPD Radick »

Have you tried installing without mechvm?
James 3:5-10: My Reminder
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
Rattler-1985
I.S. Mech Washer

Post by Rattler-1985 »

No. I just got mechVM to install it and it now asks for a disk image file which I cannot find on the mercs CD. I am not finding a file in my mercs cd named image. I have searched these forums and gotten answers. However they do not name the file that is the disk image file.
Rattler-1985
I.S. Mech Washer

Post by Rattler-1985 »

I was able to get it installed. I selected the file with the mercs icon that was named splash. The program will run when I go into my mechVM folder that mercs is in and I select either the mercs icon named MERCSWIN or the application file mercs. However mercwin leads to the main menu and freezes when I click any of the three options: instant action, mercenary or mercenary commander. When I click the mercs file the game will play, but without sound until I get into a mission and the music plays but my screen stays black.
Skyfaller
Clan 1st MechWarrior
Clan 1st MechWarrior

Post by Skyfaller »

You need to create a .CUE image of the CD. It is not a file on the disk, you need external software to create the image. A quick search on Google reveals the following programs that will do this for you: CDRWin, MagicISO, UltraISO, Alcohol 120%, or CloneCD. I haven't tested these programs recently.