Moar Oil

Articles and such.
Cyril
House Steiner Warrant Officer First Class
House Steiner Warrant Officer First Class

Re: Moar Oil

Post by Cyril »

Pepsi-Wolf wrote: during ww2, we could build Liberty SHIPS in 4 days. if we were to attack the foreign oil porblem like we attacked the problems in ww1 and ww2, imo we could be off foreign oil in a year.

Not exactly sure what you're trying to say here. Building a Liberty ship has nothing to do with oil dependency. Also would be a bit insightful if you could share how you have come to the opinion of we can get off oil in a year. Attacking problems like we did in WWII doesnt say much, other than declaring war on several worldly powers.

Also we live in a more modern time where most of our politics are being handled in a more diplomatic way, instead of just declaring war to solve our problems. Yes Yes, I'm sure someone will say "...well what about the war in Iraq, etc.. etc..."
and I could counter "...Well we tried many many times to get Saddam to comply, blah blah...". A conversation I wouldnt want to get into, to be honest.

Thats all i have to say for now
i was refering to the mentality the the US used to have.
previous generatrions got things done. there wasnt any pfooting around.

if we had the the mentality that they had, about oil, as they did about war, getting to the moon, getting the trancontinental railroad done, getting hoover damn built, building our highway system, wars, etc...if we attacked the oil problem with the same attitude, the same...zealousness that those other problems were approached...we would break our dependence on oil quickly