Pepsi-Wolf Ward
Ego homini Lupus

Sugar Pryde
House Steiner Private First Class

Re: Take that, APPLE!

Post by Sugar Pryde »

*knows this post is old but just saw it*

I say good for Microsoft, it's about time they start fighting back. Never did understand the pokes at Vista (never researched it though either)... I've had a Dell laptop for about a year or more (I forget now) with Vista on... prior to any service packs... I've never had a single problem with it. I also have desktop that's about 6 months old and Guy has one that's about 2 months old... all running Vista... all running great... Usually by now, I'd manage to crash the OS at least once, typically wasn't happy with it until I knew what it could handle... haven't managed to yet.

I'm actually rather impatient now at work with my XP machine... Our Vista machines are so much faster and I can multitask so much better... I get 6 programs open on this XP machine and it gets dreadfully slow...

Apple's just jealous that they've been at the bottom of the totem pole all this time. ;)
Pepsi-Wolf
House Steiner Hauptmann
House Steiner Hauptmann

Post by Pepsi-Wolf »

well your Xp machine could have some things that are making it run slower.

If you've been using that Xp machine for years, i'm sure the registry might be filled up with a lot of crap that doesnt need to be there
I got a free registry cleaner and so far it seems to be good

http://www.ccleaner.com/

MMPD had a good Defragger; you should run that every so often as well

Also make sure a RAM chip didnt burn out or something. I dunno if that happens often or not.
Pepsi-Wolf Ward
Ego homini Lupus

Sugar Pryde

Post by Sugar Pryde »

It's an IBM pos. When they originally bought it they were having massive problems with it... It was only a month old when I first started working here... the hard drive crashed a month later... two months after that the motherboard fried itself... Other than being horribly slow when I multi-task... from time to time Windows likes to throw a miscellaneous error at me.

I've complained to the external company that handles our company computers... but there just always seems to be more "serious" problems going on then looking at this one. So my thoughts are to heck with them all. I could fix it if I wanted to - but that's not in my job description and I'm under paid to boot anyway... so the computer can die again if it wants to. Mean while I'll sit here evilly watching the error log build... and think how my retired 8 year old XP Pro home built machine (hit 3 times by lightning) would run circles around this pos.
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Post by Sir MMPD Radick »

Maybe, but ya know if your doing alot now think about when it does crash.
I hope you are keeping backups at least in case it does. You will have a huge mess otherwise...
James 3:5-10: My Reminder
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
Sugar Pryde

Post by Sugar Pryde »

HAHA!!! Sorry...

It has already crashed twice, well died twice... First time I lost everything... 2nd time I just couldn't access anything until they rebuilt it. Anything hugely important I keep on the server now.

I don't care either way... back then we were horribly busy - 98% of our work is government contracts... I'd run around like a chicken with my head cut off all day long and that's when it did die the first two times... now with the cruddy Economy the government contracts are harder to find and I'm bored to death. A lot has changed in the past year. If it were to crash now, it wouldn't hurt my feelings at all. It'd give me something to do. :) Not to mention I've bitched enough about the machine - to higher ups and that out source - they want to ignore it that's their problem not mine. I won't be the one paying for it when it does fry itself again.
Pepsi-Wolf
House Steiner Hauptmann
House Steiner Hauptmann

Post by Pepsi-Wolf »

oh hey Sugs
i'm taking Government accounting next semester :D
Pepsi-Wolf Ward
Ego homini Lupus

Sugar Pryde

Post by Sugar Pryde »

Woohoo!

That was a 4 credit Saturday class for me... was really interesting to get through (sarcasm intended)... Sat there from 8 AM until 2 PM every week all semester long. :( Though my worst class ever was Stats... 7:45 AM until 10:30 AM twice a week to sit and look at Greek symbols...
Col.Kell
House Steiner Archon
House Steiner Archon

Post by Col.Kell »

Speaking of which, I'm enrolling into TN Tech College in fall of '09.
...I fell victim to the cool izzy-whizzy gadgets.
MechWarrior 2: 31stCC
Cyril
House Steiner Warrant Officer First Class
House Steiner Warrant Officer First Class

Post by Cyril »